The Student Room Group

WJEC GERMAN GN2 Thursday 19th may

Hey is anybody taking this exam on Thursday for AS german?

Scroll to see replies

I am! are you feeling prepared?
Well I've recently been getting 15/35 on the essays so not feeling great about that bit hahaha but I feel alright for some other parts, I don't really know tbh! Like it's hard to revise for the exam I think:s-smilie:
You sound like you're a German genius so I'm sure you'll do well! Viel Glück! :biggrin:
was that the worst thing ever or was it the worst thing ever :frown:
Reply 5
Original post by electrahearts
was that the worst thing ever or was it the worst thing ever :frown:

Hmm, I actually think it wasn't too bad. The essay questions were a bit naff but there have definitely been harder papers :smile:
Does anyone know when they'll release the mark scheme??
well mine were all different from that :frown: it was such a hard paper i can't believe it
Reply 8
I thought it was quite tough :frown:
What did everyone put for the first English question about the online school? Something about how did they prepare for their exams at first?
It was 2 marks but all I could find was that they used email
I chose the interrail one because I had a few phrases prepared for travel & no i don't think used either of them! arghhh scared to open my results now haha
what the yours sounds WAY better than mine I just wrote about it being cheaper and fun hahaha ok I'm accepting my failure now (((((: mine sounds like a year 7 wrote it you will be fine theres no way u are gonna get any less than 35/35
Reply 11
Yeah I said they use Skype for the second question, is that what you did or did you write that as well for the first question?

I can't remember now what I said for the word fills, if someone can try and remember the sentences I could though
i know its wrong but i put:

the 7 fully trained teachers live in -whatever the place was called- or in the accommodation, so they are never far from their school without classrooms. (cringing at how non-english this sounds)
teachers work on the online school with other schools, because they can be very creative; for example, when they produce motivational study notes for the students or accept individual differences between students.

-i literally sound like i used google translate in the exam-
Reply 13
Yeah that sounds similar to mine but I can't remember a lot of it
I also used kostenlos
Part of the translation question was something along the lines of "die Lehrer ziehen die Internetschule anderen Schulen vor, weil sie kreativer sein koennen..." which I believe means the teachers prefer the internet school over other schools because they can be more creative
I can't really remember, I didn't think it was too bad except there were a few I just couldn't figure out.
I remember it started with finanziert and kostenlos, and I remember using Amerikaner and sofort, but I can't remember the rest
Original post by sarahjackson1999
Part of the translation question was something along the lines of "die Lehrer ziehen die Internetschule anderen Schulen vor, weil sie kreativer sein koennen..." which I believe means the teachers prefer the internet school over other schools because they can be more creative

Oh dear :colondollar:
Original post by electrahearts
Oh dear :colondollar:

I thought the translation was a lot harder than the past papers, hopefully the grade boundaries will be lower than usual
Reply 18
Original post by sarahjackson1999

Yeah that sounds a lot more correct than mine.
I didn't know what vorziehen meant, so I said something like 'the teachers are trying to show the other schools how creative they can be'
Original post by Airbear
Yeah that sounds a lot more correct than mine.
I didn't know what vorziehen meant, so I said something like 'the teachers are trying to show the other schools how creative they can be'

Yeah, there was some tricky vocab in there :/
Luckily I used vorziehen in some work last week or I wouldn't have remembered it, it hasn't come up much in my AS lessons/practice papers

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending