The Student Room Group

Your accommodation!! Your own room, or sharing???

At Study Inn we allow students single occupancy, share a room with a friend and we also have a purpose built shared service apartments.

I am sure from a students point of view there are both good and bad point to which would be your personal choice.

So whether you are already at university or on your way to Uni for the next academic year...

What would be your preference and why?
Reply 1
I wouldn't want to share a room at halls (and thankfully I don't). I like to have my own space, away from my flatmates.
I shared a twin room with someone in my first year. The only reason it worked is because my roommate was an extremely introverted shut in and we spent days and weeks just doing our own thing not bothering each other or even talking to each other, etc. I am an introvert as well so it was fine for us. However I realize how lucky I was that I got put in a room with her, everyone else in our flat were extroverts and there is no way I could have coped with sharing a room with any of them. I won the lottery with my roommate.

If you are introverted and have a lot of need for alone time/your own space, do not get a twin room unless you absolutely have to because of money. You will not like it if you get put in a room with someone who likes to talk a lot.
Original post by Airmed
I wouldn't want to share a room at halls (and thankfully I don't). I like to have my own space, away from my flatmates.

I understand I used to have my own room but shared living and kitchen facilities, and found most issues where always about the same things tidiness, noise and then sometimes just bad days!!!:biggrin:

But there muse be some bad point to having your space, where sometimes having a room mate would be of benefit, or all in all is the balance to share the living facilities but have your own room to have the best of both worlds?
Reply 4
Original post by Study Inn Group
I understand I used to have my own room but shared living and kitchen facilities, and found most issues where always about the same things tidiness, noise and then sometimes just bad days!!!:biggrin:

But there muse be some bad point to having your space, where sometimes having a room mate would be of benefit, or all in all is the balance to share the living facilities but have your own room to have the best of both worlds?

The issues in my flat been over the kitchen. We have en suites (my uni is all en suite accommodation) so no issues there.

I probably would have asked to be moved into my own room if I had been given a room mate (hypothetically speaking). I like my own space and sometimes I need it when I'm ill or having a bad day. I share a room with my sister back home and we both despise it. I like my independence!
Original post by Airmed
The issues in my flat been over the kitchen. We have en suites (my uni is all en suite accommodation) so no issues there.

I probably would have asked to be moved into my own room if I had been given a room mate (hypothetically speaking). I like my own space and sometimes I need it when I'm ill or having a bad day. I share a room with my sister back home and we both despise it. I like my independence!

The next thing we are experimenting is the Shared Apartment that consist with your own room but you will be required to share the Kitchen.

we feel that this type of accommodation can enhance interaction with fellow students.

what do you think?

thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending