The Student Room Group

Imperial College medicine applicants 2016

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1640
Original post by Joel5001
I still haven't gotten an email from imperial inviting me to choose accommodation. Is it just me or is everyone else still waiting as well?

Posted from TSR Mobile

i am still waiting
Original post by Joel5001
I still haven't gotten an email from imperial inviting me to choose accommodation. Is it just me or is everyone else still waiting as well?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nobody applying for medicine has yet (except perhaps people with special requirements). A few (quite a lot actually) people, including myself, found that the system was open for applications, so naturally we all got over excited and applied. About a week later we got an email saying we'll have to apply again when the official email arrives :biggrin:
Original post by BENJISAURUS
Nobody applying for medicine has yet (except perhaps people with special requirements). A few (quite a lot actually) people, including myself, found that the system was open for applications, so naturally we all got over excited and applied. About a week later we got an email saying we'll have to apply again when the official email arrives :biggrin:

Okay. It's just kind of annoying because I assumed we would get to apply in early May.

Posted from TSR Mobile
They said the email will arrive in late May- doesn't make any difference though, takes 10 minutes and it's not first come first served...
If anyone has filled in the health screening form, where it says "GP's name and address", does it mean the name of the GP practice or the actual doctor?
I can't fill out forms for **** lol
Original post by not you
If anyone has filled in the health screening form, where it says "GP's name and address", does it mean the name of the GP practice or the actual doctor?
I can't fill out forms for **** lol

I just put the practice name, dont think it matters tbh
I doubt anyone will care tbh, unless you have a condition they want to follow up about
Is applying for accommodation first come first served??
Original post by strawberrypie
Is applying for accommodation first come first served??

Nope, as long as you apply before the deadline.
cannot get the online account activation thing to work, anyone else having this problem?
When does the health form stuff have to be sent off by?
Original post by kingmaker247
When does the health form stuff have to be sent off by?

Around the end of June, 24th maybe? That's for the health form and the immunisation form is end of August

Posted from TSR Mobile
offer holder stats?
Good luck to everyone still waiting for results, I hope those that have received results (IB and Scottish students) have gained their place. I'm still so nervous for results day😭

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MarimaKauser
Good luck to everyone still waiting for results, I hope those that have received results (IB and Scottish students) have gained their place. I'm still so nervous for results day😭

Posted from TSR Mobile

We all received our results at least a year ago :tongue:
Hello. I was wondering -since a lot of you got offers and maybe know others from Imperial- is 7 A*s good enough? I know people tend to hate such questions but I have seen many people applying with like 10 A*s and I don't know whether I should apply then.
Original post by natalia.medicine
Hello. I was wondering -since a lot of you got offers and maybe know others from Imperial- is 7 A*s good enough? I know people tend to hate such questions but I have seen many people applying with like 10 A*s and I don't know whether I should apply then.

Imperial don't have a GCSE requirement any more, and 7A*s is a great result so I think you'll be fine regarding GCSEs. They know that not everyone has the same opportunity to do many subjects, and I'd think that having an A* in 100% of your 7 subjects would be more impressive to them than someone with A*s in like 75% of their 12 subjects.
Original post by not you
Imperial don't have a GCSE requirement any more, and 7A*s is a great result so I think you'll be fine regarding GCSEs. They know that not everyone has the same opportunity to do many subjects, and I'd think that having an A* in 100% of your 7 subjects would be more impressive to them than someone with A*s in like 75% of their 12 subjects.

Thanks so much for replying. I forgot to mention though that I also have 3 As so I guess it's not that good then. I guess I should just work to do well in the BMAT.
Original post by natalia.medicine
Thanks so much for replying. I forgot to mention though that I also have 3 As so I guess it's not that good then. I guess I should just work to do well in the BMAT.

Well while it may not be the most impressive result, I don't think it make a huge difference to whether or not you get in. From what I understood last year, the grades and ps and stuff were mainly used to decide on interviews, and then it was mainly interview performance that decided whether you'd get an offer. If your AS grades (or equivalent) and personal statement are good, and you meet the BMAT cut offs, you should be fine.
Original post by not you
Well while it may not be the most impressive result, I don't think it make a huge difference to whether or not you get in. From what I understood last year, the grades and ps and stuff were mainly used to decide on interviews, and then it was mainly interview performance that decided whether you'd get an offer. If your AS grades (or equivalent) and personal statement are good, and you meet the BMAT cut offs, you should be fine.

Thank you again!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending