The Student Room Group

OCR Physics A Breadth of Physics (24th May 2016) Discussion

Scroll to see replies

Original post by julesaquilina
These new exams are such a pisstake..... I can get an easy a in the old papers but these new ones screw me over.. i got 60% in the breadth and 40% in the depth and im freaking out

Don't worry, we're all in the same boat here. All I can suggest is do as many practice questions as you can get your hands on.
These new exams are such a pisstake..... I can get an easy a in the old papers but these new ones screw me over.. i got 60% in the breadth and 40% in the depth and im freaking out

So far there are 6 of us btw...
Original post by amiteshnagarkar
So far there are 6 of us btw...

6 of us for what?
Original post by aadil10
Don't worry, we're all in the same boat here. All I can suggest is do as many practice questions as you can get your hands on.

You dont have access to the june 15 g481/2 do you?
Reply 64
Original post by tom_fitzgerald
Grade average in our breadth paper was a U/E and 4 people aiming to go to cambridge only got D's

Yeah, I think OCR are well aware of how difficult that specimen paper was, for example most of the multiple choice questions required well over 3 minutes just for a single mark...
You dont have access to the june 15 g481/2 do you?

nope sorry
Got 76% on breadth and 81% on depth.
Reply 67
Original post by richpanda
Got 76% on breadth and 81% on depth.

how about your class? mostly similar?
Original post by jackthb
how about your class? mostly similar?

Don't think so. Maybe 2 or 3 out of 20ish
Reply 69
Original post by richpanda
Don't think so. Maybe 2 or 3 out of 20ish

That makes sense I suppose, pretty much the same as my class.
6 of us for what?

dw
Reply 71
I have been studying from home so I have not been going to college. I just saw that you guys are mentioning that there is a new specification?? Is that for just AS or for A2 as well? Where can I find this new specification, can you please explain to me what's going on with the specification lol.
Original post by Reda2
I have been studying from home so I have not been going to college. I just saw that you guys are mentioning that there is a new specification?? Is that for just AS or for A2 as well? Where can I find this new specification, can you please explain to me what's going on with the specification lol.

http://www.ocr.org.uk/qualifications/as-a-level-gce-physics-a-h156-h556-from-2015/
Reply 73

Is there changes in the structure of the paper, or is it just a slight difference in the new specification and not a big deal or is it a big deal?
Original post by Reda2
Is there changes in the structure of the paper, or is it just a slight difference in the new specification and not a big deal or is it a big deal?

Well, there is a multiple choice section in the breadth paper and overall less 'scaffolding', as my teacher put it.

As far as I'm aware, the content is largely the same. For example, my teacher showed us a question from the 2010 paper and it was pretty much the same content-wise as one from the practice paper, but it was more understandable, if that makes any sense.
Our class just did the specimen papers for the first time, apart from question 9 I didn't really see a problem with the paper. I've been using the A-level physics online YouTube account to help me with revision. The content is for our OCR specification and it's very helpful. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZzatyx-xC-Dl_VVUVHYDYw
Reply 76
Original post by xx_lofsuburbia
Well, there is a multiple choice section in the breadth paper and overall less 'scaffolding', as my teacher put it.

As far as I'm aware, the content is largely the same. For example, my teacher showed us a question from the 2010 paper and it was pretty much the same content-wise as one from the practice paper, but it was more understandable, if that makes any sense.

But my Exam timetable shows I have Physics: Mechanics, on wednsday, bot breadth of physics. Does that mean im still doing the old spec?
Original post by KingZeiyn
Our class just did the specimen papers for the first time, apart from question 9 I didn't really see a problem with the paper. I've been using the A-level physics online YouTube account to help me with revision. The content is for our OCR specification and it's very helpful. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZzatyx-xC-Dl_VVUVHYDYw

He is class.
Original post by Reda2
But my Exam timetable shows I have Physics: Mechanics, on wednsday, bot breadth of physics. Does that mean im still doing the old spec?

Yes, because that's how they used to do it
Does anyone have the old spec june 2015 papers for mechanics and electrons waves and photons ?

Quick Reply