The Student Room Group

RUSSIAN Edexcel Writing, Reading and Listening

Anyone know what might come up? I'm hoping for health for the writing as that's what I spoke about for the speaking.
Health came up last year.
My guess would be education and employment as it hasn't come up since 2012. Then youth culture, the world around us and health; in order of probability.

Remember they can ask the same question this is just my guess.
Reply 2
Original post by Dartychu
Anyone know what might come up? I'm hoping for health for the writing as that's what I spoke about for the speaking.

For writing I think I'm going to prepare a piece on 'in the town' because you can use it in loads of scenarios. For example, what you did for your birthday, what you did on holiday, what you did at the weekend and for one of questions like 'a foreign exchange student is visiting you for the week. What did you do while they were there' or something.
Original post by IHawdon
For writing I think I'm going to prepare a piece on 'in the town' because you can use it in loads of scenarios. For example, what you did for your birthday, what you did on holiday, what you did at the weekend and for one of questions like 'a foreign exchange student is visiting you for the week. What did you do while they were there' or something.

Wait I'm confused, didn't you already do the exam today?
Reply 4
Original post by SlimShady96
Wait I'm confused, didn't you already do the exam today?

No mine is in the middle of june????
Original post by IHawdon
No mine is in the middle of june????

Are you talking about the A2 paper then? Because the AS was today?
I don't do Russian (German over here) but just wondering if you're all natives? Cant wait to pick up Russian at uni, and if you guys have learnt it over time I seriously salute you it seems so hard PRIVET
Reply 7
Original post by SlimShady96
Are you talking about the A2 paper then? Because the AS was today?

Ohhh right no I'm doing GCSE
Original post by ImagineCats
I don't do Russian (German over here) but just wondering if you're all natives? Cant wait to pick up Russian at uni, and if you guys have learnt it over time I seriously salute you it seems so hard PRIVET
I am a native speaker, moved to the UK aged 6, but as you can imagine I'm not THAT good, fluent yes, but haven't studied it ever properly.

I do think it will be as hard as you think, harder than French and German yes but once you learn the basics it won't seem so hard!
Reply 9
Original post by ImagineCats

I'm doing GCSE and I'm not native. Iv'e never even been to Russia. I've been studying it for 4 years though
Original post by IHawdon
I'm doing GCSE and I'm not native. Iv'e never even been to Russia. I've been studying it for 4 years though

Do you feel like its a really hard language as you've been learning it for 4 years and thrown into A level? Haven't looked at grade boundaries but they must be lower than the european easier ones right? This is fascinating I wish my school taught russian arrgh wefowagqfjejf
Reply 11
I'm not Russian at all, but I do speak Icelandic and Norwegian fluently.
How did you all find the exam? I thought it was pretty alright, as I did health for my speaking so for the writing I talked about how in the city there's air pollution that can cause lung cancer (who gives a crap if it's true or not eh).

Quick Reply

Latest