The Student Room Group

Business studies AQA AS predictions?

Does anyone have any predictions for Thursdays exam? i think break even will defiantly come up as it was not in the unit 1 paper at all.

Also does anyone know all of the equations we need to know for the paper? !
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 1
Buy 'em low sell 'em high?

image.jpg

:wink:
I'm looking for predictions as well!
Hi everyone, I am a student and I am doing this exam tomorrow. By just reading the case study given to us. We can see that the first 10 mark question is going to be about a business plan relating to expansion. The question 4 which is research task b, can be about whether they should expand or not. I would suggest you guys to know how to structure your answers.

My prediction:
Question 1: Drawing on your pre-examination research, analyse two reasons why SYS should produce a business plan for the new expansion venture. (10 marks.)
Question 4: Using your pre-examination research and all the information available to you, analyse the case for and against SYS's decision to expand into Birmingham area. Do you agree with this decision? You should justify your decision. (16 Marks)

I have been practicing these questions for a long time now. Every time I do them I get full marks.

The structure I use is this:
Question 1:
Definition (2 marks)
A point on why they should produce a business plan (3 marks)
Another point (3 marks)
Conclusion (2 marks)

Question 4:
Definition (2 marks)
One point for (3 marks)
Another point for (3 marks)
One point against (3 marks)
Another point against (3 marks)
Conclusion (2 marks)

The formulas you need for the exams are:
Break even= Fixed costs divided by average selling price - variable cost.
Total cost= Fixed + Variable Cost.
Revenue= Average selling price x quantity sold.
Profit= revenue - Total costs.

Hope I helped you guys out, good luck with the exam. If you guys have any information you would like to share, please do so. And if there is anything you guys want to ask me, feel free to ask. Thank you :biggrin:
Would you know how to write a conclusion for a 16 , 10 and below marker, and how to structure anything below a 10 marker ??
Original post by ahmadraza281
Hi everyone, I am a student and I am doing this exam tomorrow. By just reading the case study given to us. We can see that the first 10 mark question is going to be about a business plan relating to expansion. The question 4 which is research task b, can be about whether they should expand or not. I would suggest you guys to know how to structure your answers.

My prediction:
Question 1: Drawing on your pre-examination research, analyse two reasons why SYS should produce a business plan for the new expansion venture. (10 marks.)
Question 4: Using your pre-examination research and all the information available to you, analyse the case for and against SYS's decision to expand into Birmingham area. Do you agree with this decision? You should justify your decision. (16 Marks)

I have been practicing these questions for a long time now. Every time I do them I get full marks.

Question 1:
Definition (2 marks)
Another point (3 marks)
Conclusion (2 marks)

Question 4:
Definition (2 marks)
One point for (3 marks)
Conclusion (2 marks)

Hope I helped you guys out, good luck with the exam. If you guys have any information you would like to share, please do so. And if there is anything you guys want to ask me, feel free to ask. Thank you :biggrin:
Original post by Willrowan_
Would you know how to write a conclusion for a 16 , 10 and below marker, and how to structure anything below a 10 marker ??

I guess your doing the old spec too.

For a 5 marker:
Define the key term (1 mark)
Offer an answer in general (2 marks)
Offer an answer in context, relate it to SYS (2 marks)

For a 7 marker:
Define the key term (1 mark)
Offer an answer in general (2 marks)
Offer an answer in context, relate it to SYS (2 marks)
Conclusion (2 marks)

I think in conclusion you talk about your opinion and you suggest the business what they should do and explain how it will be beneficial for them.

Good luck. Get back to me after the exam and tell me how did it go. Thanks
(edited 7 years ago)

My prediction:

Question 1:
Definition (2 marks)
Another point (3 marks)
Conclusion (2 marks)

Question 4:
Definition (2 marks)
One point for (3 marks)
Conclusion (2 marks)

What do you mean based on the case study given to us? x there isn't any preliminary material
Reply 7
There's an old spec and new spec for 2015

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lozzieladybird
What do you mean based on the case study given to us? x there isn't any preliminary material

The case study is given to people doing AS Applied Business (8610). You might be doing the new spec I guess.
I'm doing the old spec business studies Buss1.

not applied x
I'm doing the old spec business studies Buss1.

not applied x

Ahh, thats fine. Well, hope you do well. Good luck x :biggrin:
Ahh, thats fine. Well, hope you do well. Good luck x :biggrin:

thanks you to! :smile: xxx
thanks you to! :smile: xxx

No problem :biggrin: xxx
How did everyone find it?
What did people get for the Break Even point?
Original post by Heaththenerd
How did everyone find it?
What did people get for the Break Even point?

It was so hard!!! And the break even was so confusing. I did not even get time to answer that one :frown:
Has the exam already taken place? Can anyone tell me what came up in the long answer questions?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending