The Student Room Group

Business Studies (BUSS 1, 2, 3 and 4):

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Did anybody else not finish the paper? I am pretty sure i got most the maths right, I did every question well, up until the last Q. I ran out of time with a half done evaluation and only one good paragraph.
Reply 81
How did you work out the market size??
Reply 82
Original post by rtac97
How did you work out the market size??

Market Share = (Value of business sales / Total market value ) x 100

Given that we have two of these numbers we can work out the third.

e.g.

12 = (75000 / X) x 100
0.12 = 75000 / X
X = 625,000

(that is not the answer to the exam question, just an example using the same method)
It was 129000/12 then x 100 giving something like 1.07 million as the total market value
Reply 84
Original post by Jasmine149
I do maths too, I got 107500, are you sure that extra 0 wasn't just a typo?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I made a typo in my original answer it was 129000 ÷12 x 100 which is 1075000
Reply 85
did anyone else not finish the paper? i got half way through the last question then got slapped with the classic "put your pens down"
Original post by hololand
did anyone else not finish the paper? i got half way through the last question then got slapped with the classic "put your pens down"

I finished.. unlucky man, you might pull 4-5 marks for a half attempted question so maybe if the rest of your paper is stellar you'll get a decent grade. You can drop to 41 marks out of 60 on average for an A.
Reply 87
Original post by Paddythed
I finished.. unlucky man, you might pull 4-5 marks for a half attempted question so maybe if the rest of your paper is stellar you'll get a decent grade. You can drop to 41 marks out of 60 on average for an A.

Hopefully, might be able to scrape that A if I am lucky, Pray for me haha
Reply 88
I did 129000/0.12 is that right

Posted from TSR Mobile
my answers I think were 535 or 525 for variable total (I did put the right one down I just remember profit being one of those), I know the correct is 16 for selling price but I may have put down 13.60 with correct working by accident on calculator, and 1.07million for the market value. One advantage of temporary workers was to meet seasonal demand and one disadvantage was that they may not be loyal to business and affect brand image/service quality. the rest has no right or wrong answer and is evaluative so that's down to essay technique and I won't be writing those. Though for interest I agreed location B was good and actually said the franchise was better but again pointless comparing as no answer is correct it's how you argue it. I said the income budget was extremely innacurate because there were tons of clues in the case study (cafe shop vs souvenir, 2 year old data, estimation, many competitors etc..)
Original post by Chellz
I made a typo in my original answer it was 129000 ÷12 x 100 which is 1075000

You're supposed to divide it by 0.12 because it was 12%, not 12

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by imran_
I did 129000/0.12 is that right

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nope, it's 129,000 / 12 then * 100..

However I Somehow pulled out a random formula during the exam, doing 100/12=8.3 so 129,000 * 8.3 and it gives the same answer. Don't ask, no idea, exam pressure and a stroke of luck.
Nope, it's 129,000 / 12 then * 100..

However I Somehow pulled out a random formula during the exam, doing 100/12=8.3 so 129,000 * 8.3 and it gives the same answer. Don't ask, no idea, exam pressure and a stroke of luck.

Isn't it supposed to be divided by 0.12? it said 12% which is supposed to be changed to 0.12 because all the other figures used in the calculation weren't percentages, so 12% had to be changed to 0.12?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 93
I thought because it asked for market size in value the answer was like £329,000 as it said to use figure 3

So I added all the revenue up for both options
Isn't it supposed to be divided by 0.12? it said 12% which is supposed to be changed to 0.12 because all the other figures used in the calculation weren't percentages, so 12% had to be changed to 0.12?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Now you've made me unsure.. Did you get an answer of around 1.07million? If so you're fine,otherwise you may have made a mistake but you might get some marks for working out. On second thought what you did it perfect, it skips the * 100 part. 129000*0.12 gives the right answer, you're fine. :smile:
Original post by Bsc123
I thought because it asked for market size in value the answer was like £329,000 as it said to use figure 3

So I added all the revenue up for both options

Unfortunately you were expected to calculate the revenue in option 1 only like the question said and then find what the market size was with that.
Now you've made me unsure.. Did you get an answer of around 1.07million? If so you're fine,otherwise you may have made a mistake but you might get some marks for working out. On second thought what you did it perfect, it skips the * 100 part. 129000*0.12 gives the right answer, you're fine. :smile:

I got 107500 :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 97

Posted from TSR Mobile

How did you get that
Original post by 1998cafc
I got for math 1,075,000 then got 535 (I think) then 75 products and 16 quid for the selling price.Think they are right.

All correct.

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's wrong but you will definitely get working out and error marks, maybe 2 out of 3
How many marks was selling price and quantity questions.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending