The Student Room Group

IGCSE edexcel business studies exam tips

I am taking my exam in May and I'm not too worried about it. I'm getting around 70-75% consistently but being a perfectionist I want to get A* (don't we all?). But the thing is I know all the information in the course. Give me simple question and answers and I will more or less get 100%. However I don't know if it just the way the questions are worded or what, but I can never get full marks on any of the longer questions (about 6 marks and up). Any tips to help me improve my exam technique and include the content for the mark scheme?
I also mark the papers myself since I'm home schooled so it is not a overly harsh teacher or anything.
Hi! I moved this thread to the Business Studies forum - you're more likely to get some responses there :h:
Try and study the mark schemes and examiner reports, also state the really obvious. I always miss out marks on longer questions because I miss the obvious. Also, unless specifically stated otherwise, you can answer in bullet point form instead of continuous prose, this helps me.
And obviously, just do hundreds of papers and be harsh on yourself and your grade will go up.

Good luck neck Wednesday (if you're sitting the same exam as me!)
Hope this helps:h:
Original post by arthurchristie
Try and study the mark schemes and examiner reports, also state the really obvious. I always miss out marks on longer questions because I miss the obvious. Also, unless specifically stated otherwise, you can answer in bullet point form instead of continuous prose, this helps me.
And obviously, just do hundreds of papers and be harsh on yourself and your grade will go up.

Do I have to study the book? Or would I be able to get a C by just the past papers?
Reply 4
Original post by Igcse1student
Do I have to study the book? Or would I be able to get a C by just the past papers?

If anything I think you would be better taking the time and bothering to at least read the book, even if you don't answer any questions, although business studies is a lot of common sense there are also definitions and terminologies you need to know.
Reply 5

Thanks, I have started doing that and my marks have gone up a little, hopefully this exam will be a nice one. :smile:
Original post by JessicaAsh
If anything I think you would be better taking the time and bothering to at least read the book, even if you don't answer any questions, although business studies is a lot of common sense there are also definitions and terminologies you need to know.

Thank you!
That was so easy :smile:
Reply 9
What do you mean by "Unless specifically stated otherwise"?
In the paper it doesn't say "Do not use bullet points anywhere"
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 10

What do you mean by "Unless specifically stated otherwise"?
In the paper it doesn't say "Do not use bullet points anywhere"

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending