The Student Room Group

i answered the wrong section in my exam- what do i do?????? please help im panicing

i answerd the power section in my sociology exam when i was panicing in the last 5 mins of my exam i dont thnk i even finnished my actual section

i thought i had missed out a whole 12 mark question so i did it even though i was not supposed to
i have failed!!!!!!!!!!!!!
what do i do
shall i call aqa and ask them
someone help me please

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
There is nothing you can do the exam has been taken and done.
Original post by D.SHA64
i answerd the power section in my sociology exam when i was panicing in the last 5 mins of my exam i dont thnk i even finnished my actual section

i thought i had missed out a whole 12 mark question so i did it even though i was not supposed to
what do i do
someone help me please

I guess you're ****ed.
Original post by D.SHA64

what do i do
someone help me please

Uh oh :/ Did you not read the question...?
You should tell a teacher and I think you should tell AQA and ask them too...
Reply 4
well
what's done is done
Original post by D.SHA64

what do i do
someone help me please

if you answered the wrong section, calling AQA or asking your teachers won't help.

what will most likely happen is they will mark both sections, and which ever has a higher mark will be the mark they use - they will not combine the marks of course.
Nothing will happen now...whats happened has happened....you basically f**ked
Reply 7
If you did a whole section then the examiners might mark it and miss out your other section. I know in Geography, I'm pretty sure there's four sections but you're only suppose to answer two and my teacher told me if you answer the other sections, they could mark them instead of the sections you're meant to do. Idk though because it could be different rules depending on the exam board and spec:s-smilie:
Reply 8
Original post by D.SHA64

what do i do
someone help me please

I don't think there is anything that can be done, but don't panic. It isn't the end of the world, can you retake the paper next year?
Reply 9
Original post by katiew5
If you did a whole section then the examiners might mark it and miss out your other section. I know in Geography, I'm pretty sure there's four sections but you're only suppose to answer two and my teacher told me if you answer the other sections, they could mark them instead of the sections you're meant to do. Idk though because it could be different rules depending on the exam board and spec:s-smilie:

Doing Edexcel?? If so, that one f*cked many students up alrdy!
Original post by D.SHA64

what do i do
someone help me please

Cant say exavtly what you have done, but looks to me like you answered an additional question, when you didnt have to. If thats the case they will just award you the marks based on the first answers in your exam book and ignore this 5 minute effort.

It wont affect you. One reason why you need to read the questions and get used to the papers.
Reply 11
Original post by Naranja
I don't think there is anything that can be done, but don't panic. It isn't the end of the world, can you retake the paper next year?

im not sure
i dont think soo
Reply 12
Original post by D.SHA64
im not sure
i dont think soo

Explain the situation to your teacher tomorrow? Might be a chance of a retake
Reply 13
Original post by Naranja

i tried to talk to the teacher who organises the exams
he was pretty useless
all he did was nod
Original post by D.SHA64

what do i do
someone help me please

No point in worrying about it. Also I'm sure everything's fine because it was only 5 minutes that you spent on that last section, the rest of it was on the right thing :smile:
Original post by D.SHA64

what do i do
someone help me please

Waiittt what sections were there?????
Original post by Naranja

Why? Anyone can retake at the next time. The mistake makes no difference.
Reply 17
Original post by TheNerdxP
Waiittt what sections were there?????

crime and deviance
mass media
power<----- the one that i was not supposed to do( i think i might have spent more than 5 mins on it idk i just panicked)
social inequality
Reply 18
Original post by 999tigger
Why? Anyone can retake at the next time. The mistake makes no difference.

That's what I thought, but they said they weren't sure if they could. Having made a mistake would certainly make no difference, but perhaps there's variation in school policy on retakes?
Reply 19
My advice would be to talk to your teacher as soon as possible and explain the situation, they can either help solve it or will tell you that whats done is done and it cant be changed. But you might as well make them aware and ask if they can do anything, you might as well try.

But don't panic things will be fine. Just an unfortunate situation but I bet its happened to many people in the past :smile: x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending