The Student Room Group

Business Studies (BUSS 1, 2, 3 and 4):

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Clarkeson
How many marks was selling price and quantity questions.

They were on one and 4 I believe maybe 6
Original post by Paddythed
They were on one and 4 I believe maybe 6

How many marks total was these two? I got them wrong sadly so need to know how many marks I dropped.
Original post by Clarkeson
How many marks total was these two? I got them wrong sadly so need to know how many marks I dropped.

4 and 3, I remember in the maths questions in total were 10 marks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 103
do you think the A boundaries will remain at 41?
Reply 104
It was 129000/12 then x 100 giving something like 1.07 million as the total market value

Okay thank you, I worked out the market size of 129000 and didn't realise you had to do the rest so will hopefully get a couple of marks since I wrote out the formulae for both size and share!
Original post by Alem17
Hey everyone,

I struggled to locate a thread for the 2016 exam, so I started one. Please use this to talk about a variety of different things such as any questions, revision help (techniques), responses to questions and possible predictions of what is likely to come up.

I am in Year 13 and doing BUSS 3 and BUSS 4, but am also retaking BUSS 1 and BUSS 2.

Good luck to everyone :smile:

hey do you do aqa if so how was bus1 today did you find it difficult
Original post by imran_
do you think the A boundaries will remain at 41?
think it might drop to 40. It's been 41 two years in a row but this paper, in my opinion, was less forgiving than those ones
Original post by rtac97
Okay thank you, I worked out the market size of 129000 and didn't realise you had to do the rest so will hopefully get a couple of marks since I wrote out the formulae for both size and share!

i got it wrong then i did 129 divide by 0.12
Reply 108
think it might drop to 40. It's been 41 two years in a row but this paper, in my opinion, was less forgiving than those ones

IMO, the calculation and case study took up way too much time
however all of section 2 was perfect
Reply 109
Original post by Bsc123
I thought because it asked for market size in value the answer was like £329,000 as it said to use figure 3

So I added all the revenue up for both options

That's exactly what I did! The question wasn't very clear, but seems we're both wrong by the looks of things :frown:
what did you get for total variable cost
Original post by imran_
IMO, the calculation and case study took up way too much time
however all of section 2 was perfect

I completely agree. Unbalanced paper with unexpected map and convoluted case study but in general it was okay.
Original post by Narutoss
what did you get for total variable cost

535 or 525 can't remember which one was given as profit already
Reply 113
I completely agree. Unbalanced paper with unexpected map and convoluted case study but in general it was okay.

For the Income budget I wrote about
seasonal
small sample size of 200 ( i know its not small but i couldnt find anything else)

do you think this is a correct approach?
Original post by Bsc123
I thought because it asked for market size in value the answer was like £329,000 as it said to use figure 3

So I added all the revenue up for both options

thats what i did, because it said in the question that the 12% had been used to forecast the figures?
Original post by imran_
seasonal
small sample size of 200 ( i know its not small but i couldnt find anything else)

yes i wrote that too i think it could be correct
for income budget i chose the cafe and that date was 2 years old is this ok?
Original post by imran_
seasonal

Original post by Narutoss
yes i wrote that too i think it could be correct

There was other stuff. For example the other girls cafe is hardly comparable to Liza's souvenir shop figures wise. Also the data on two competitors were from 2014. Also there were many competitors. Correct approach though

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by vandervormb
for income budget i chose the cafe and that date was 2 years old is this ok?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, it's good but there's more. That might be enough for a good amount of marks, check my other post about this
did anyone for the option question work out that if she chose option A and closed from november to february that she would cut costs and essentially have 10,000 more forecasted profit then option B however cause the data is badly researched that the pros for option 2 outweigh the pros for option 1?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending