The Student Room Group

Official AQA German AS

Scroll to see replies

Original post by liasoe
I've got two friends that are resitting whilst also doing their A2 but they both found it hard - I would imagine that the paper will seem easier but at the same time when you've been concentrating on other things like cultural differences between the countries or whatever I imagine that it would be difficult because you're likely to forget a lot of the vocab.

That's a good point. I've got two more of these papers to do for French and Spanish, if they're like this then I don't know what I'll do haha.
Reply 201
Original post by aschum11
Oh, for lesen? I think it was liest, at least that is what i got :3
I thought it was good as I am better with verb endings than adjectives, and the 'bequemes' hotel is always a gift!

Hahah my usual track record of getting 9 / 10 has been shattered now because I had to rush . I don't mind though , what did you put for the musssen one ?
Original post by greentron6
Yeah. One of the students in my school that was resitting the exam was an A2 student. He got a B at AS, but he wants to get an A and so is resitting the paper.
Apparently, your structures and vocab are more advanced at A2.

Yeah, I imagine that you could pick up a few more marks on the essay, and then hopefully the reading and listening is easier in general.
Reply 203
Original post by ~Cerridwen~
Heya, for the computer guy question, it was answer in German right?? Omg I'm so worried now :s-smilie:
Questions in german, answers in german..
Heya, for the computer guy question, it was answer in German right?? Omg I'm so worried now :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes.
Original post by liasoe
Hahah my usual track record of getting 9 / 10 has been shattered now because I had to rush . I don't mind though , what did you put for the musssen one ?

I wouldn't worry about it- only a few marks!
If i'm not mistaken, the phrase before it was damals, which implies the verb requires a past tense.
I think the subject was wir, so I put mussten with no urlaub, i.e imperfect of muessen.
Reply 206
If i'm not mistaken, the phrase before it was damals, which implies the verb requires a past tense.
I think the subject was wir, so I put mussten with no urlaub, i.e imperfect of muessen.

Dang it I put mussten with an umlaut and I've just realised that it doesn't have one as you've said that :P
The course I want to do only requires a B from german anyway so I think i'l get that and then intend to resit next year! :P

I can't remember the specific sentence but I put mussten too for one of the sentences.
Did anyone else's CD player break halfway through their listening? Gotta love technology eh!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Did anyone else's CD player break halfway through their listening? Gotta love technology eh!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes! I'll leave it for a second and then the MP3 player says 'Bye Bye' and switches off. I then have to fast forward to where I left off....

Posted from TSR Mobile

Answer all of them in German except the first one (and the one where you just fill in letters obviously)
Original post by Themathgeek
Argh.... Precisely why the grade boundaries are so high -_-

No sympathy.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Don't quite know what you mean. Only a tiny amount of people who take the exam are bilingual. If you spoke another language, wouldn't you take the extra exam? (which not only looks good, but is also relatively easy).
What did you get for the answers- i can compare them with what I got.

Definitley traumen and werden, and then there was the one about what a director has to do on set and I put 'sorgen' which I'm pretty sure was wrong

Talent besitzen?
Original post by celiajacobs
I'm doing A2 German atm and found the paper quite easy today. The grammar becomes so much easier to understand and construct, and I did so much memrise on AS vocab and so much of it came up so I understood that too. I got a D in the AS paper last year and within 3 months of starting A2 I was getting As in them :smile:

Would you say it's been a hassle doing the AS again? And how much work have you had to put in this year, does it make it difficult work-load wise? Sorry for the interrogation haha I'm just concerned that it could detract from my A2 grade.
Ah I'm so annoyed that I put würde instead of wäre for the last gap fill, I was rushed for time and couldn't remember the conditional for would be😩😭
I think its 'man liest' and then 'haelt' for the halten one and kurueckgekommen
What was the other verb?
I'm only taking German to A2 and picking up 2 AS levels so it's not the end of the world if I have to resit
Original post by Naranja
Would you say it's been a hassle doing the AS again? And how much work have you had to put in this year, does it make it difficult work-load wise? Sorry for the interrogation haha I'm just concerned that it could detract from my A2 grade.

It's no problem! :smile: if I'm honest I haven't done any pure AS revision except sitting in free periods/in front of the TV and using the memrise app to go over topic specific vocab, which helped soooo much. Everything else that you need to know for AS (grammar, adjectival endings, verb conjugation, sentence structure etc) comes naturally after the extra year of A2. So I'd say it hasn't been a hassle at all because as A2 gets harder you get better at the basic skills which are needed for AS. Hope this helps, and feel free to ask any more questions! :smile:
Original post by snowwhite659
Was that the bit with something about 'geliestet?' if so it was that he won Hausmann of the year, whatever the hell that is :wink:

Haha. I'm not sure 😝

Original post by TianaEsther
For that one I think it was a two marker and I wrote:
-he would keep the house in order
-he would provide food for his family on the table
I'm not sure if that was the second question though I think it was a bit further down :tongue:

That wasn't the question I was thinking of, but you've put my mind to rest about that question anyway, thank you! :P
Original post by aleishans
Definitley traumen and werden, and then there was the one about what a director has to do on set and I put 'sorgen' which I'm pretty sure was wrong

Talent besitzen?

Yeah. I put Talent bestizen too.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending