Scroll to see replies

Reply 640
Guys what came up in the exam
I'm resitting the old unit so may be a link of what may come up
Original post by xxvine
Guys what came up in the exam
I'm resitting the old unit so may be a link of what may come up

2 marker - define compensatory edu
6 marker - polices for girls achievement in last 40 years (not educ policies, just policies)
10 marker - how functions of education affect pupils achievement
20 marker - evaluate how social class external factors are most important
20 marker - group interviews
Reply 642
Original post by UnoGambino
2 marker - define compensatory edu
6 marker - polices for girls achievement in last 40 years (not educ policies, just policies)
10 marker - how functions of education affect pupils achievement
20 marker - evaluate how social class external factors are most important
20 marker - group interviews

wow not bad

for the 10 marker is that functionalism?
Reply 643
Original post by Bubbles98
I find childhood so hard to remember any tips??

Some Main sociologists for childhood are:
Aries- beleives that childhood before industrialisation was seen as no different to adulthood. I.e children had to work like adults, Wear same clothes, participate in their leisure activities etc

Benedict- childhood before industrialisation was basically based on work and children were not seen as vulnerable etc

Shorter- high infant mortality rate in preindustrial times was a result of child neglect..

Postman - childhood is disappearing in contemporary society-, not much difference between adults and children. Children exposed to too much i.e. through tv , internet

Palmer - childhood is not disappearing- still evidence of children's separate games etc
Opie- toxic childhood
Anyone doing the resist old spec 24th may
Hey guys,

Does anyone have an estimate of what the grade boundaries could be for both papers and the overall AS course ? I know last year it was a 90 and a 60 mark paper and now it was 2 60 mark papers but I'm not sure on what the grade boundaries are. Apparently it's 160/200 to get an A based on last years
Oh OK thank you
Original post by e.h0309
Is the layout of the Families and Households paper the same as Education where there were 2x2 marks 1x6 mark 1x10 mark and 2x20 mark.

Yes but instead of a 20 mark question on research methods its a 16 mark essay and a 4 mark question
Original post by Zay SM
Some Main sociologists for childhood are:
Aries- beleives that childhood before industrialisation was seen as no different to adulthood. I.e children had to work like adults, Wear same clothes, participate in their leisure activities etc

Benedict- childhood before industrialisation was basically based on work and children were not seen as vulnerable etc

Shorter- high infant mortality rate in preindustrial times was a result of child neglect..

Postman - childhood is disappearing in contemporary society-, not much difference between adults and children. Children exposed to too much i.e. through tv , internet

Palmer - childhood is not disappearing- still evidence of children's separate games etc
Opie- toxic childhood

Thanks I remember the theories just never the sociologists that go with it!
quick question guys urgent
i wrote GIST an WISE as separate points:?
are they classes as the same i heard they are
Original post by EXAMSRESS2015

I wrote them as two separate points too and my teacher said that should be fine.
Reply 651
Original post by Purple-Pixie
I wrote them as two separate points too and my teacher said that should be fine.

You know for the functions question...what did you write?
Was that functionalism?
Reply 652
Original post by missbubbley
Anyone doing the resist old spec 24th may

Meeee
Original post by EXAMSRESS2015

Yeah they do count as two separate ones I asked my teacher because I wasn't sure either :smile:
Original post by xxvine
You know for the functions question...what did you write?
Was that functionalism?

Yeah I'm pretty sure it was functionalism (or Marxism, I think you could use either) and I wrote about meritocracy and role allocation :smile: What about you?
If i'm discussing how an individuals 'social experiences' are affected by age, gender, ethnicity ect , what does that exactly mean??
HELP!!!! Is it true in order to gain top marks you need to have current affairs in your essays???
Original post by Bubbles98
HELP!!!! Is it true in order to gain top marks you need to have current affairs in your essays???

No thats ridiculous, though it would make your answer stronger
Any predictions for the 24th May Education AS (old spec) re-sit paper? Please save me.
Any predictions for the families and households paper for 23rd may (NEW SPEC) next week? I don't have enough time to revise everything for family so need predictions please!!! Thanks x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending