The Student Room Group

Business Studies (BUSS 1, 2, 3 and 4):

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Paddythed
There was other stuff. For example the other girls cafe is hardly comparable to Liza's souvenir shop figures wise. Also the data on two competitors were from 2014. Also there were many competitors. Correct approach though

Posted from TSR Mobile

i also wrote the frachisees data was based on other location so it might not be relevant it could also be ourdated etc
Reply 121
Original post by vandervormb
did anyone for the option question work out that if she chose option A and closed from november to february that she would cut costs and essentially have 10,000 more forecasted profit then option B however cause the data is badly researched that the pros for option 2 outweigh the pros for option 1?

yeah i wrote that it cost 10k more
Original post by Alem17
Hey everyone,

I struggled to locate a thread for the 2016 exam, so I started one. Please use this to talk about a variety of different things such as any questions, revision help (techniques), responses to questions and possible predictions of what is likely to come up.

I am in Year 13 and doing BUSS 3 and BUSS 4, but am also retaking BUSS 1 and BUSS 2.

Good luck to everyone :smile:
hey i have business studies exams igcse edexcel next week...so any tips??
Reply 123
For the last question, did anyone mention the opportunity cost of £9k profit with the franchise, compared to closing the shop as an independent, working freelance and earning money rather than losing it, and spending time with family?
Reply 124
How did you find the calculations ??
Posted from TSR Mobile

Yep though for a balanced argument you can argue she will not retain all of that profit due to the nature of a franchise but it will likely still be more than option 1s profit after that anyway.
Original post by m18rvy
For the last question, did anyone mention the opportunity cost of £9k profit with the franchise, compared to closing the shop as an independent, working freelance and earning money rather than losing it, and spending time with family?

yes!! i dont know if that was right was quite a drastic piece of evidence but hoping that its right
Posted from TSR Mobile

Yep though for a balanced argument you can argue she will not retain all of that profit due to the nature of a franchise but it will likely still be more than option 1s profit after that anyway.

was it not the other way round? i thought she went free lance as an independent souvinir shop not franchise
Reply 128
Thank god it wasn't just me!
Posted from TSR Mobile
She hadn't decided, it was up to you to recommend. She only chose location b. I don't remember her deciding but even so, I should say that if she chose franchise then she wouldn't keep all profit
am i right in saying that if she was an independent shop then she could close from november till feb and become free lance?
Reply 131
Original post by imran_
For the Income budget I wrote about
seasonal
small sample size of 200 ( i know its not small but i couldnt find anything else)

do you think this is a correct approach?

Yeah that's the correct approach however I wrote that she based her Info on competitors in 2014 which is outdated and she used her friend ALexs information on when to shut however that's a different industry (cafe) so unreliable
and is it right to say franchise is better because as an independent she is a sole trader therfore liable for any debts the business owes ?
Reply 133
Original post by Bsc123
Yeah that's the correct approach however I wrote that she based her Info on competitors in 2014 which is outdated and she used her friend ALexs information on when to shut however that's a different industry (cafe) so unreliable

will i get any marks for writing that her sample size is too small? i also did some random calculations saying due to the beach having a population of 80% interviewing 200 would only account of 40 people

yes i know this makes little sense but was hoping for good application here
Reply 134
Original post by vandervormb
yes!! i dont know if that was right was quite a drastic piece of evidence but hoping that its right

In my conclusion I mentioned that option B (franchise) made 11K more than A however that wasn't taking into consideration royalties.
Reply 135
Original post by imran_
will i get any marks for writing that her sample size is too small? i also did some random calculations saying due to the beach having a population of 80% interviewing 200 would only account of 40 people

yes i know this makes little sense but was hoping for good application here

That's excellent !!!

I really think that's better than my points to be honest lol
Original post by Bsc123
In my conclusion I mentioned that option B (franchise) made 11K more than A however that wasn't taking into consideration royalties.

think ive done it the wrong way round? :frown: i thought i read that she went free lance when being independent?
Reply 137
Original post by Bsc123
That's excellent !!!

I really think that's better than my points to be honest lol

yeah but it makes little sense to me as to why i did it lol but oh well, hoping for an A considering I lost a guaranteed 5 marks on calculations. I do a level maths and yet cant work out simple maths smhhh
well I've failed business
Reply 139
Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, it's good but there's more. That might be enough for a good amount of marks, check my other post about this

It's most certainly enough for full marks on that question? You had to argue two points !

Quick Reply

Latest