The Student Room Group

Edexcel AS Unit 2 Global Investigations-Friday 20th May 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by harryleavey
It would have been enough for Unit 1, I don't think so for Unit 2.

Are you allowed to do it at 4pm? Surely you could see the online discussion after everyone else has sat the exam?

its at DUBAI time haha ? i think its probably fine for unit 2 for getting a B
Original post by hadzyster99

it follows bitish time which starts at 1,but 1 in dubai will be 10 in the UK,so i do it at 4 when the UK time is 1,i think i made it over complicated
it follows bitish time which starts at 1,but 1 in dubai will be 10 in the UK,so i do it at 4 when the UK time is 1,i think i made it over complicated

Oh ok

Possibly. It will be ok for the Non-fieldwork questions. However with fieldwork, it is almost useless. The examiners are mostly teachers. They will know the most common revision books back to front. So they will know if you have just taken fieldwork and research data from the info that is in the book.
Possibly. It will be ok for the Non-fieldwork questions. However with fieldwork, it is almost useless. The examiners are mostly teachers. They will know the most common revision books back to front. So they will know if you have just taken fieldwork and research data from the info that is in the book.

theres no fieldwork in the revision guides !!! don't worry i haven't done that lmao
Does anyone have any notes on the Extreme Weather Fieldwork on the Weather Diary/Changing Weather investigation?
Original post by King Geedorah
For the Fieldwork and Research Question, is it advisable to separate paragraphs for each of my techniques? Or is it better to bunch them? i.e.
Intro
Para 1: 3 Fieldwork
Para 2: 3 Research
Conclusion

Its best to do:
Fw/R
Fw/R
Fw/R
Looks a lot better!
Original post by joeowen131
Its best to do:
Fw/R
Fw/R
Fw/R
Looks a lot better!

Who advised that?

That structure does not seem as effective. If you take a look at the examiner reports you will see that the most successful responses are those which follow this structure:

Intro: I conducted fieldwork and research ______ ...

Fieldwork:
P1
P2
P3

Research:
P1
P2
P3

(Conclusion not essential)
Who advised that?

That structure does not seem as effective. If you take a look at the examiner reports you will see that the most successful responses are those which follow this structure:

Intro: I conducted fieldwork and research ______ ...

Fieldwork:
P1
P2
P3

Research:
P1
P2
P3

(Conclusion not essential)

Would it be a dumb move to Do my research paragraphs before my fieldwork ones? Rather than fieldwork before research
Original post by King Geedorah
Would it be a dumb move to Do my research paragraphs before my fieldwork ones? Rather than fieldwork before research

No it wouldn't. In fact, that is how I structure my answer.
Original post by Bethh2105
Sooo... My teacher is absolutely terrible and has barely prepared us for the exam this Friday! I'm fine with fieldwork, it's just the other 10 markers. I have no idea what case studies to learn and why I need to know them e.g reasons why urban areas decline or whatever. I'm doing crowded coats and rebranding. If anyone could help it would be much appreciated :smile:

Heres some case studies i've put together and copied from other resources for Rebranding and Crowded Coasts :smile:
Reply 91
I have attached some stuff for rebranding, i'm not sure how useful it'll be to you guys but it's there if you want it
Reply 92
hey i made some brainscape cards that might help. I haven't finished and grammar is awful. hope it helps

https://www.brainscape.com/packs/7626440/invitation?referrer=1284127
is anyone doing unequal spaces?

what are the best case studies?
Anyone got any good last minute tips?:smile:
Original post by infinitepokemen
is anyone doing unequal spaces?

what are the best case studies?

found this one elsewhere
These are really good. Your sets are almost the same as mine:

https://www.studyblue.com/#folder/18475306

Thanks! I've not used studyblue before; Quizlet is my way of life! Will have to check it out :smile:
Reply 97
Can you talk about areas that were in need of re-branding before they were re-branded?
Reply 98
Original post by Shad4w
Can you talk about areas that were in need of re-branding before they were re-branded?

Yes, the question usually asks "Using specific examples, suggest the need to rebrand an urban or rural area"
Reply 99
Original post by AindowJ
Yes, the question usually asks "Using specific examples, suggest the need to rebrand an urban or rural area"

But what if it's already been rebranded? Is it still allowed to talk about?

Quick Reply