The Student Room Group

2016 AQA GCSE Chemistry Unofficial mark scheme 2016

Scroll to see replies

I think i got somewhere between 50 and 55 (hopefully)! Opinions on what grade please? I feel like Boundaries will be high this year!
Original post by srmed
Was the two conditions for cracking: high temperature and hot catalyst

Posted from TSR Mobile

No, it was high temperature and high pressure
Before the tick box question there was another question saying what is the process xalled and the answer was Thermal decomposition

Also the answers you put under Q2 was actually Q3 and the 6 marker was Q 2c
Original post by krystal16
I think i got somewhere between 50 and 55 (hopefully)! Opinions on what grade please? I feel like Boundaries will be high this year!

53/60 - a*
45 - a
37 - b
29 - c
Original post by samreen.iqbal
Anyone think it was hard?

i know everyone was saying it was easy, i found it hard tbh, but i really want a B i know the grade boundaries were high, im really upset i was looking forward to the chemistry exam, usually chemistry is my strongest subject. hopefully i do well in the up coming science exams,, tbh the biology wasnt hard just weirdly worded. I hope you do well in your upcoming exams i wish you the best and anyone else who found it hard/quite hard/ extremely difficult if you know u gave it your all im happy for you.

Thank you.
Original post by Adzkii786
53/60 - a*
45 - a
37 - b
29 - c

53 is too high... i say around 49-50.
Original post by Laurantaylor
Did anyone know the black substance???

Soot (carbon) due to incomplete combustion/unburnt fuel (it says this in the spec)
Original post by Teenw123
No, it was high temperature and high pressure

No, it was a catalyst.
Original post by Laurantaylor
Did anyone know the black substance???

carbon particles
Original post by dhruvap
53 is too high... i say around 49-50.

That's far too high, I can't remember an A* ever being over 50.
The thing is there has never been a grade boundary where an A* is more than 50.
55/60 is over 90%. A*'s are usually at 80%-85% max. As 2013 and 2014 were 47/60 for an A*, it is likely that this year could also be 50. Maybe it will be 53/60, but I doubt it will go higher than that.
The first question it was asking what was wrong with neon's structure. The first part only was about boron. The question about sub atomic particles were only the ones in part Z (nucleus), so proton and neutron.
I put high temperature and mixed with steam for cracking because obviously that's the other method; do you think that will also be credited or that they were specifically looking for hot catalyst? I almost put hot catalyst but changed my mind at the last second :/
Original post by SmithAmelia
I think so because I remember the question saying give 3 reasons why the car is reused and not recycled or sent to landfill sites.

It was why it its recycled and not reused or sent to landfills
Original post by Adzkii786
53/60 - a*
45 - a
37 - b
29 - c

53 would be quite a bit too high.. :h:
counted 17 not bad
i said that crude oil is a faster process so you can meet the demand that people need for ethanol, do you think this will get me 2 marks or just one?
Isn't it this:
2Fe2O3+ 3C = 2Fe2+ 3CO2
Reply 359
Right, I sent the same question before and no one answered me so let's try again:

For the question about making the experiment more accurate, would having the spirit burner in a container inside the conical flask so that the water was surrounding the spirit burner, reducing the amount of heat that is lost to the surroundings, award any marks at all?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending