The Student Room Group

GCSE P.E. Moderation Results?!

Hi everyone, Firstly, I am in year 11 doing Edexcel P.E. and got my moderation results back where I got 39/50, which is apparently a C!! I am so upset, I thought I did really well and worked SO hard to get 9s and 10s out of 10... my teacher definitely marked me down, because I don't think she likes me because I am quite quiet in P.E. because I always thought everyone else was better than me.
I deserved 9s and 10s out of 10. :-(

That is 60% of my GCSE Grade! And the paper this summer is 40%.

What is the highest grade I could get...? I want to get a B or A now at least.

Also best way to revise for this paper? I need to do well.

So grateful for any replies!! Xxx

Scroll to see replies

Did a moderator inspect you? they're supposed to come in and check that the teacher isn't being too strict/kind with the results by asking you a few q's and seeing how well you do at certain sports. I'm doing PE with WJEC, but I think it's the same with all exam boards
I also got 39/50 for my practical, but are you sure thats a C? I thought it would at least be a B no?
I got a C in my GCSE practical last year and am A in my theory which equated to a B overall, if that helps :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by anisha1999
I got a C in my GCSE practical last year and am A in my theory which equated to a B overall, if that helps :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh wow well done! How did you revise for the written exam? Mine's tomorrow at 1:30pm xx
Original post by sarasclater
I also got 39/50 for my practical, but are you sure thats a C? I thought it would at least be a B no?

That's what I thought but my teacher said that is JUST a C or something... What exam board are you because I'm Edexcel xx
Original post by stressed turtle
Did a moderator inspect you? they're supposed to come in and check that the teacher isn't being too strict/kind with the results by asking you a few q's and seeing how well you do at certain sports. I'm doing PE with WJEC, but I think it's the same with all exam boards

He only saw me on my cooper run and my other sports was on the day he didn't come in because I did sports not many other people were performing xx
yeh I do edexcel aswell, i was so upset when i got 39 as i thought my teacher lowered me down a lot but improved a lot in my cooper run during the practical exam and i think they were watching me but fingers crossed really
Original post by sarasclater
yeh I do edexcel aswell, i was so upset when i got 39 as i thought my teacher lowered me down a lot but improved a lot in my cooper run during the practical exam and i think they were watching me but fingers crossed really

Oh well,we can do this! How are you revising for tomorrow? Xx
Sorry I only just read that you were on edexcel, I did AQA! For me it was just making sure I knew key definitions and prepared for the scenario but I dont know about the edexcel exam so not sure how different yours will be :frown: Good luck for your exam! X

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hello, I am also in year 11 and am doing the p.e exam tomorrow with edexcel. I have looked at your practical grade and yes you are right; it's a C.

If you want a C overall then you are going to need 41 marks out of 80 within the paper (tomorrow)

If you want a B overall, you are going to have to get 55 marks out of 80 within the paper (tomorrow)

Sadly the Edexcel UMS converter said that you would be unable to get an A or A* overall and this is because of your practical grade.

All of the information that I displayed was used using the June 2015 UMS converter. This means that grade boundaries could move up, down or stay the same depending on how well people did. If this works in your favor, and the grade boundaries go down, it would be nearly impossible to get an A as you would pretty much need full marks.

Sorry if this has demoralised you in anyway and I still believe you should try really hard to get a B an be better then average.

Good luck on your exam!!!
Original post by vindulo20
Hello, I am also in year 11 and am doing the p.e exam tomorrow with edexcel. I have looked at your practical grade and yes you are right; it's a C.

If you want a C overall then you are going to need 41 marks out of 80 within the paper (tomorrow)

If you want a B overall, you are going to have to get 55 marks out of 80 within the paper (tomorrow)

Sadly the Edexcel UMS converter said that you would be unable to get an A or A* overall and this is because of your practical grade.

All of the information that I displayed was used using the June 2015 UMS converter. This means that grade boundaries could move up, down or stay the same depending on how well people did. If this works in your favor, and the grade boundaries go down, it would be nearly impossible to get an A as you would pretty much need full marks.

Sorry if this has demoralised you in anyway and I still believe you should try really hard to get a B an be better then average.

What is the lowest mark you would need for the practical in order to get an A/A* in the theory? Thanks.
i asked my GCSE PE teacher what was the grade boundries for practical roughly and she said 34 is a C, 39 is a B, 44 is an A, then 45 plus i an A*, im edexcell and im in year 11. i am going to sit my exam paper tomorrow. hopefully i will get around 57 on the paper!!! (an A)
Original post by asd.987
What is the lowest mark you would need for the practical in order to get an A/A* in the theory? Thanks.

What are your mock grades in the theory?
What are your mock grades in the theory?

I got A* smack bang on the 80%.
Can anyone help me work out how the mark out of 50 is calculated?? I got 32/40 in my practical grades and on the AOP stuff I got 15/20 what grade is this equal to?

Posted from TSR Mobile

can you please help me work out what grade my practical grade is?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by blueribbons99
can you please help me work out what grade my practical grade is?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah sure, do you know your mark from your practical and can you just confirm that you are doing GCSE Edexcel PE.
Original post by asd.987
I got A* smack bang on the 80%.

Well firstly that it is a pretty impressive mark. I got a B1 in my mock and would have got an A* has my practical was 49/50. I would never be able to get that mark in theory.

The mark that you got was full UMS marks and so you grade would not have improved if you got higher then that. If your practical grade was 40/50 and you got that score you would have got an A.... So basically you would have been one mark off an A.

This is probably going to piss you off however it is still possible to get an A overall. This can be done if the grade boundaries go down and I personally believe it will (looking at my school's mock grades and other grades in the local community as a sample).

My advice is that you go and smash that exam, like the mock, and hope that people find it hard so grade boundaries drop.
I know this isn't really relevant but personally I think that AQA are even worse! I got 60/90 for my practical, so 2 thirds and I thought it was ok.
AQA don't seem to think it's ok though, as that comes out as an E grade! An E!
So now even if I get full UMS in my exam (which I hopefully will) the highest grade I can get is a C. I'm really annoyed about it but what's even worse is my teachers expecting me to get an A when its not physically possible!!

39/50 is a very good score and I'm surprised that it came out as a C. Hopefully depending on boundaries and how many marks you get you can still get an A?

Quick Reply

Latest