The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society XVIII

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Little Popcorns

Sounds pretty annoying that he was waffling on about the recession rather than offering any advice... Maybe change the topic next time if he starts going on about unhelpful stuff or ask him questions about what he recommends?

And with your CPN try to voice these things and how hopeless you're feeling about what they can do to help I'm sure they'll change their approach.

He either waffles or doesn't tell me a thing. He's useless. My CPN knows that I think this but there's not much he can do. My treatment plan is meant to come from the pyschiatrist.
Original post by Airmed
Brave step to tell your mum! :hugs:

How did the exam go? And thank you. :jumphug:

Awwh Airmed :hugs: well i only told her a bit of one of them but idk think she was a bit freaked out that i had such a dream so might leave it at that for now :redface:
and i think it went well (fingers crossed lol) i gave it everything and the stuff i wanted came up so happy with that :smile:
no worries Airmed :lovehug: x
Original post by Airmed
He either waffles or doesn't tell me a thing. He's useless. My CPN knows that I think this but there's not much he can do. My treatment plan is meant to come from the pyschiatrist.
Ah right it's definitely worth being a bit firmer with your psychiatrist next time then make sure you get the care you deserve.
Today was the last straw. How do teachers think its acceptable to join in with the entire class taking the piss out of me... And then not let me leave when i was basically freaking out... :cry2:
Original post by Midnightmemories
Today was the last straw. How do teachers think its acceptable to join in with the entire class taking the piss out of me... And then not let me leave when i was basically freaking out... :cry2:

Hate teacher's like that, they are meant to be the mature professional ones and urgh it just enrages me :/ ik from experience there is nothing anyone can say to make it better but if it gets too bad seriously think about reporting them..
:hugs: x
Original post by Anonymous
Hate teacher's like that, they are meant to be the mature professional ones and urgh it just enrages me :/ ik from experience there is nothing anyone can say to make it better but if it gets too bad seriously think about reporting them..
:hugs: x

No point. I only have one lesson left with them now. Ended up walking out of my next lesson because people kept going on about it. I knew it was a bad idea to go in today. :sigh:
Original post by Spock's Socks
Today's therapy session was the best I've had. I finally spoke up and told her that I haven't seen her nowhere near as regular as I was told by my GP as I should have, that the type of therapy isn't helping and that she may not be the right therapist for me and she agreed with everything I said and is changing what therapy I'll have and I'll be seeing her once a week instead of once a fortnight or more like once every 5 weeks and that if I still don't feel like getting anywhere with her after a couple more sessions, she'll personally see that I get someone else more suited to me.

Feel like a weight has been lifted! You know I could talk to anyone but I hate confrontation or dealing with people in authority so it was quite a nerve wracking thing to do but I'm glad I got over my fear and done it. Sounds silly but I am quite proud. It was for my health so it had to be done, even if it did take me weeks to do. Just hoping that's me finally on the right path now :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Really proud of you hun - that takes serious guts :headfire: Go you! :awesome:
really triggered bc of something stupid a "friend" said, and now my hearts racing and i'm trying to calm down from a panic attack i had, i feel so dumb :sigh:
I have been called in for an 'emergency appointment' with my consultant psychiatrist today. I have never met her before. I am anxious that this is code for mental health act assessment :afraid:

Not feeling well at all. Hope you guys are doing better.
Original post by Lizzipth_Floyd
I have been called in for an 'emergency appointment' with my consultant psychiatrist today. I have never met her before. I am anxious that this is code for mental health act assessment :afraid:

Hope it goes okay today with your psychiatrist :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Sorry about the late reply guys :redface:

Original post by Pathway
think i've basically ruined any sort of a future i could have potentially had. idk why i even bothered tbh. thank you though.

did get some other coursework back and got a 68, so that's good.

I hope you haven't ruined your future with that exam! I am sure you did better than you thought anyway! :hugs: and congrats for the coursework mark! That's a really good mark :biggrin:

Thanks for your reply. I guess finding a purpose and having direction. Currently trying to find some part-time work because I think that might help. Difficult thing is that at the moment even the things I love and am passionate about I'm not getting much enjoyment out of :frown:

I understand what you mean! It is incredibly tough especially when you are really struggling, but stick it out and hopefully the feeling will pass really soon! :hugs: Are you currently at university? :smile:

Did it go ok today? I hope so.
Original post by moment of truth
Sorry about the late reply guys :redface:

I hope you haven't ruined your future with that exam! I am sure you did better than you thought anyway! :hugs: and congrats for the coursework mark! That's a really good mark :biggrin:

I understand what you mean! It is incredibly tough especially when you are really struggling, but stick it out and hopefully the feeling will pass really soon! :hugs: Are you currently at university? :smile:

Am doing a module at university one evening a week. Waiting to see if I have an interview to do an access course starting September. Hoping that might help me feel like I exist for a reason, or something :redface:
Original post by bullettheory
Hope it goes okay today with your psychiatrist :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks! She wants me to start having fortisips. I really didn't want to go back down that road :frown: Wants to up my anti-depressants too. Ugh...
Am doing a module at university one evening a week. Waiting to see if I have an interview to do an access course starting September. Hoping that might help me feel like I exist for a reason, or something :redface:

Ah okay. Hope you do get accepted onto the access course in September, because that should help you :smile: That is still a few months away though :redface: but hopefully you find something else that can keep you busy and can just help you in the meantime!
I went to Glasgow today with my mum, stepdad and Callan for a day out and I did have a great time but holy moly, I am beyond drained now. I don't just feel tired. I feel exhausted physically and mentally and I've turned into a right cow. I'm snapping at Callan for pretty much nothing and not feeling that bad about it which isn't like me. I'd like to think its just tiredness but my panics and OCD especially have been high today and I kept it all in as I didn't want to ruin the run the day so I think I'm in another setback which sucks because I'm not long out of one but with everything that's happened in the last week, I'd be surprised if my OCD and anxiety didn't take a turn for the worst.

Hoping that watching Top Gear might perk me up a bit

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 456
Sorry iv not been posting. Things are still beyond ****.
Parents coming down next weekend to get all my stuff, then i have to go to the council to tell them im homeless :frown:

So stressed with everything, i dont even know what i need to do anymore :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Potential trigger (positive post though)

Spoiler

One of the things I hate the most is the way my thoughts and mind turn completely negative, not just to me but also those closest to me, when I am struggling. I know, with the right mind, that I have people that care about me and would be distraught if something happens to me, but then when I am feeling really low, those thoughts flip over and tell me that no-one cares etc. I know that this is the effect that depression has, but they are so incredibly difficult to disbelieve. Does anyone have ideas on ways to counter this?
Original post by moment of truth
One of the things I hate the most is the way my thoughts and mind turn completely negative, not just to me but also those closest to me, when I am struggling. I know, with the right mind, that I have people that care about me and would be distraught if something happens to me, but then when I am feeling really low, those thoughts flip over and tell me that no-one cares etc. I know that this is the effect that depression has, but they are so incredibly difficult to disbelieve. Does anyone have ideas on ways to counter this?

I know you are talking about depression and not voices... but when my voices are telling me that no one cares, etc. the best thing is to have tangible evidence to prove my voices wrong.

I've got a scrapbook full of cards from people that I've received over the years, just to remind myself that people actually DO care. Maybe you could do something similar? :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending