The Student Room Group

Questions about shia-ism

A thread to discuss and understand the madhab of ahlubait.

Scroll to see replies

Q: Do the Shia belive it permissible to curse the shaykhayn privately?

@Tawheed
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 2
Im iranian and I don't know what the **** that is... :/
Reply 3
Original post by alirs

Lol
Reply 4
https://islamistruth.wordpress.com/2011/08/15/battle-of-jamal-its-real-face/

I was unsure about posting this on ISOC thread so I am going to on here.
If you have time read this it was quite interesting for me about the battle of Jamal.
Original post by alirs

Do Muslims swear?
Reply 6
Original post by ODES_PDES
Do Muslims swear?

Yes, and I eat pork and I don't pray.
Reply 7
Do Muslims swear?

They shouldn't swear, but some do.
Reply 8
Do Muslims swear?

A muslim should not swear and refrain from it. But as we are humans it is very likely to happen but we must strive to avoid using any foul language to be a better muslim.
Original post by Al-farhan
A thread to discuss and understand the madhab of ahlubait.

Don't sunnis also believe in the ahlul bayt (including the 4 caliphs)?
Hey guys,I've always always always wanted to know the difference between Shia Islam and Sunni Islam? Why are the always fights between the two groups
Reply 11
Original post by champ_mc99
Don't sunnis also believe in the ahlul bayt (including the 4 caliphs)?

We revere, respect and following the footsteps of ahlul bayt including the blessed wives of the prophet pbuh, Ali karam Allahu wajhah, and the masters of the youth of heaven. We also respect all the great companions including the 4 caliphs.
We revere, respect and following the footsteps of ahlul bayt including the blessed wives of the prophet pbuh, Ali karam Allahu wajhah, and the masters of the youth of heaven. We also respect all the great companions including the 4 caliphs.

Yeah that's what I thought. By why do you state it in the OP as if it's exclusive to them?
Reply 13
Original post by queen-bee
Hey guys,I've always always always wanted to know the difference between Shia Islam and Sunni Islam? Why are the always fights between the two groups

Sadly some elements on both sides like to stir up hatred and fights. The difference you could say is a historical disagreement issue.
Personally I believe the past is the past to the predecessors their deeds and rewards and to us our deeds and rewards.
They shouldn't swear, but some do.

Actually no one should be swearing Muslim or not. You get many good people and bad people in this world. Similarly, some people live their lives whilst being good Muslims and some people believe its ok to make their own rules up in religions. This is the same in every religion, you get good religious people and you get stupid people too.
Reply 15
Original post by champ_mc99
Yeah that's what I thought. By why do you state it in the OP as if it's exclusive to them?

I spoke about the madhab of ahlul bayt ie: shia school and understanding it.
Sadly some elements on both sides like to stir up hatred and fights. The difference you could say is a historical disagreement issue.
Personally I believe the past is the past to the predecessors their deeds and rewards and to us our deeds and rewards.

But do both groups share the same beliefs regarding Islam?
Reply 17
Original post by sumayyah276
Actually no one should be swearing Muslim or not.

Very true
Reply 18

There are theological differences but we share the base belief in Allah and his messenger, fast, hajj..etc

Twelver and Zaidi Shia's, this is not including subparts of alawi's (not sure their beliefs), nor Ahmadi's (simply because there are two types of ahmadi's, and i am unsure here myself) as well as sunni's affirm:

1. There is one God - not because he is one the way i am 'one' human, but he is the very embodiment of tawheed, the one, the absolute - the only.
2. He has no image, or likeness.
3. Muhammed s.a.w is the last and final messenger of Allah s.a.w
4. The Quran is the unchanged, unadulterated book. Any scholar in either madhab, the one-offs, or any hadith (proven to be weak) which says otherwise is not the Ijma or a weak narration, or one taken out of context.
5. Prophets, Ahlulbayt, wives, are creatures of God. They eat, they have bodily functions, they get sick. Muhammed s.a.w, or Ali ibn abi Talib a.s is not even dust or anything compared to Allah swt - nothing compares to him. Our love and proximity to the prophets, the family, the sahaba is only in condition of their rank and piety towards Allah swt.
6. Salah, fasting, zakah, hajj , though variances occur i.e shia's and many maliki's pray with arms by the sides, on the whole it's very similar.
7. Qiyamah, the day of judgement

I could really go on.

This is not to say, there are some fundamental differences, for example, shia's believe that God has no form, and thus can and will never be seen for instance. Sunni muslims regard companions as a whole as righteous, and refrain from questioning the actions of companions.

Shia's also respect the companions, but they do not see them as one body. They classify them into groups, those who were loyal, those generally trustworthy, those who diverted from this, those who clashed with the ahlulbayt a.s , those who did so but learned the error and so on (just rough examples). In a sense, we as shia's look at them as any other group or body of people, in the sense that, like human beings, like the companions of past prophets and like a big body and group of people, you have mixtures of varying degree's of people among them.

If we look at the top 10 hadith narrators in sunni works, among them are ibn Abbas r.a, Jabir ibn abdillah r.a, abu said al kuhdri r.a, Abdullah ibn Masud r.a, and if we go into the top 12, we begin to find Ali ibn Abi talib a.s afaik.

And these are companions generally revered and respected by shia muslims. (among many others).

But i won't sugar coat it, we do not hold some of the other names in as high regard.
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending