The Student Room Group

AQA C1 Unofficial Markscheme

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
Original post by TheGreatPumpkin
Yeah, at first I was thinking 'this is easy' but after 5 I lost my momentum so by the end of it I was scribbling those last minute, what I call, 'adrenaline rush answers'.

For me, I was rushing through to save as much time near the end so skipped a few questions at the beginning to come back to later -- thats where I lost my momentum...
Reply 181
I had sqrt(65) for radius of ciecle hope I'm right
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 182
Just me convinced I was doing Q2 wrong for ages because I couldn't for the life of me do 300/75? :colondollar:
yh the y translation was positive aswell. It translated to (x-4)2. you should only lose one mark from it though. And i think i got same as you for the rest.
What was the last question about???
sameeeee
Is 60/61 a fair estimate for the A grade boundary?
Is 60/61 a fair estimate for the A grade boundary?

probably more likely to be about 64
Original post by thehalfblood
probably more likely to be about 64

Bah humbug :angry:
MARK SCHEME UPDATE:

Mark scheme is attached. Some answers are missing - please comment below if you know them!
i got that too????? used knowledge on an old question paper which was weird of me
Original post by Gretasimpz
For the radius of the circle I got 5 anyone else??!

i got that too????? used knowledge on an old question paper which was weird of me but seemed right, but looking at others results not happy
Reply 192
How many marks do you think I will lose if I didn't simply my answers? Or if I simplified them wrong?
Original post by timtjtim
MARK SCHEME UPDATE:

Mark scheme is attached. Some answers are missing - please comment below if you know them!

On the question where it asks for the roots, it's supposed to be -1 plus or minus root 5 as opposed to 1. The roots are correct on the graph so I'm assuming it's simply a typing error, but just thought I'd let you know.
i'm ****ed
Reply 195
****, grade boundary for an A was 64 last year and considering that the last year's paper was more difficult, I am afraid to even think how high boundaries will be this year.
Yeah, not as hard as last year but still hard. There was soooo much mental maths with surprisingly big numbers.

Yeah my thoughts too
Original post by 28657
****, grade boundary for an A was 64 last year and considering that the last year's paper was more difficult, I am afraid to even think how high boundaries will be this year.

AQA send their regards
Reply 198
AQA send their regards

Well, considering that this year seems to be the examiners' favourite for bending students over, the fact that the only problem on this paper is the ridiculously high grade boundaries, this doesn't seem too bad. At least they tested our ability to do maths, rather than simply tricking us by unusual wording ad unexpected questions etc.
Original post by 28657
Well, considering that this year seems to be the examiners' favourite for bending students over, the fact that the only problem on this paper is the ridiculously high grade boundaries, this doesn't seem too bad. At least they tested our ability to do maths, rather than simply tricking us by unusual wording ad unexpected questions etc.

True :u:

Quick Reply

Latest