The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE Spanish 20th May 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by escg
my god those are amazing grades xD I even took 2 resits to get atleast 2 As in my speaking - it was so confusing because my teacher gave us the questions all in the wrong order :frown: but all worked out I think. I just hope i get an A haha, I'm assuming you're aiming for that A* :smile: do you know any words that often come up in the past papers and are quite important? that could potentially be useful haha

Aw that's so annoying! but its good you got your A's! and yess, i really enjoy languages and are probably the only subjects i can do.. ! haha but im hoping to carry on spanish at uni level too :biggrin: & well depends on the topic, but i think for topics like holidays, usually weather phrases & activities like 'tomo el sol' and 'pasé mi tiempo en la playa' etc :smile: You could revise some activities like 'ir de compras' :smile: Often a lot of vocab for environment 'medio ambiente' and technology such as 'inundaciones' and 'incendios' :smile:
Reply 81
Original post by massssssss_
Aw that's so annoying! but its good you got your A's! and yess, i really enjoy languages and are probably the only subjects i can do.. ! haha but im hoping to carry on spanish at uni level too :biggrin: & well depends on the topic, but i think for topics like holidays, usually weather phrases & activities like 'tomo el sol' and 'pasé mi tiempo en la playa' etc :smile: You could revise some activities like 'ir de compras' :smile: Often a lot of vocab for environment 'medio ambiente' and technology such as 'inundaciones' and 'incendios' :smile:

luckily our teacher said they don't show up as resits as they are just CW, so that was a bonus haha. but thank you! yes I've noticed a lot of the recent past papers have been on technology, much appreciated :smile:
don't say that! if you go in with a positive mindset you're gonna do so good.
Original post by escg
luckily our teacher said they don't show up as resits as they are just CW, so that was a bonus haha. but thank you! yes I've noticed a lot of the recent past papers have been on technology, much appreciated :smile:

Ah that's no problem!:smile: if you'd like you can totally send me a PM and we could just have a spanish conversation to get your mind all spanish-y ! haha x x
Reply 84
Original post by Doctorwhogeek
Any predictions what topics might come up?

was wondering the same thing, haha
its tomorrow and im really nervous x.x going over vocab again and going to do some more past papers
Original post by Elleee1234
ill pm you my twitter

can i join too?
Reply 86
Original post by massssssss_
Ah that's no problem!:smile: if you'd like you can totally send me a PM and we could just have a spanish conversation to get your mind all spanish-y ! haha x x

i wish i could, but it would take me an hour trying to work out what topic we are even on about! xD I do appreciate the offer though, but that would be too much of a burden on you haha. anyways, wish all the best to you :smile:
Original post by MovedMasterMike
I'm so screwed....... I got a C for listening and E for reading in the Spanish mock exam. And from all the complaints I've seen from the people who did the French exam today, I'm ready for a D in spanish lol...

Me XD
Original post by soysaucee
can i join too?

yeah go for it :smile:
Original post by escg
i wish i could, but it would take me an hour trying to work out what topic we are even on about! xD I do appreciate the offer though, but that would be too much of a burden on you haha. anyways, wish all the best to you :smile:

ahaha, totally understandable! :smile: best of luck! :smile: x
Original post by HouseOfRichman
Hiya! Who else is pumped and ready for the AQA GCSE Spanish exam on the 20th May? Apparently the AQA French Listening exam changed format to around 27 questions with longer speaking extracts... #daunting
Anyway, lets get ready for the end of our GCSE Spanish careers!

Here are some links to past papers: http://www.aqa.org.uk/subjects/languages/gcse/spanish-4695/past-papers-and-mark-schemes

Some of my preferred revision resources:
http://www.memrise.com/course/70944/aqa-gcse-spanish-ht/
http://www.language-gym.com
http://www.spanishrevision.co.uk/gcse/gcse_index.htm

Thank you for all the resources! Kinda excited for tommo tbh!

Here's some vocab games I made on Quizlet a couple months ago, designed specifically for Reading and Listening:

https://quizlet.com/sarinaaax/folders/vocab-spreads

Hope you find them useful x
Reply 91
From what I remember I think I've got an A* in the Spanish controlled assessment, if I get an A in both reading and listening then would I still get an A* overall?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by srmed
From what I remember I think I've got an A* in the Spanish controlled assessment, if I get an A in both reading and listening then would I still get an A* overall?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Most likely, yes :smile: ! buena suerte x
buena suerte para mañana amigos xxx I'm sure we'll all be fine, can't be much worse than the french one :tongue:
¡Buena suerte para mañana! Who's up for helping me with the unofficial mark scheme tomorrow? I'll set it up when I come out at 11:30 ish (my exam starts at 9:30) on another thread and post the link here. If anyone comes out before and wants to start it obviously feel free just post the link on here so we can help :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
¡Buena suerte para mañana! Who's up for helping me with the unofficial mark scheme tomorrow? I'll set it up when I come out at 11:30 ish (my exam starts at 9:30) on another thread and post the link here. If anyone comes out before and wants to start it obviously feel free just post the link on here so we can help :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm happy to help where I can

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'll help when I can once I'm home x
It's today! 😁 I'm half freaking out, half going over some vocabulary. In all seriousness though, don't stress about the exam being too hard or going too fast. The exam, as it literally says on the specification, is designed to be part of your common knowledge; it won't ask you about Chinese dragons if it doesn't expect you to know about them. As for the listening, for P+N listen for key words like "pero o aunque" because that is a clear indicator there's going to be a contrasting opinion e.g. P+N. If the exam speech is faster, just pick out the key words and don't bother righting them down until that extract has finished, then furiously scribble little notes. Listen again, check your notes and confirm your answer. You're all going to do so well, being on this thread is a clear indication that you want to do amazingly :smile: ¡Finalmente, mis amigos, buena suerte para hoy!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 98
Good luck for Español everyone!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 99
Good luck all !!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending