The Student Room Group

National 5 Computing Science

Since there wasn't a national 5 computing science forum.

I decided to create one and feel free to discuss the exam before and after :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I hate computing. Got a C in the prelim
Reply 2
Original post by A+Hunter

I got 76% in the prelim, also hoping for an A in the exam. How's your revision going, have you finished the course?
Reply 3
Original post by Lewis H01
I got 76% in the prelim, also hoping for an A in the exam. How's your revision going, have you finished the course?

Not revised anything for computing yet :P Wbu?
Reply 4
Not revised anything for computing yet :P Wbu?

We'll I've completed the course I just need to brush up on a few things but I hate those pseucode questions..

I dont know why I even took it. I guess I thought I could go into software engineering but then my school issued us a really terrible prelim and nobody passed (I got 11%) but then they gave a second prelim which was much better and I got a C. In the exam I got a B. I also hated my computing teacher because she was determined to tell me that I could never do software engineering and didnt want me sitting Nat 5 because she was SO sure I wouldnt pass! She was so reluctant on letting me sit the final exam and when I did I bet the B grade slapped her in the face. Ironically, she told me to take higher computing after results day and I blatantly said no thanks :biggrin:
Reply 6
We'll I've completed the course I just need to brush up on a few things but I hate those pseucode questions..

Oh man they are the worst.

Looking forward to the question where they give you a set of instructions and you have to draw it or something lol :P
Reply 7
Original post by sameehaiqbal
I dont know why I even took it. I guess I thought I could go into software engineering but then my school issued us a really terrible prelim and nobody passed (I got 11%) but then they gave a second prelim which was much better and I got a C. In the exam I got a B. I also hated my computing teacher because she was determined to tell me that I could never do software engineering and didnt want me sitting Nat 5 because she was SO sure I wouldnt pass! She was so reluctant on letting me sit the final exam and when I did I bet the B grade slapped her in the face. Ironically, she told me to take higher computing after results day and I blatantly said no thanks :biggrin:

Lol
Original post by sameehaiqbal

hahaha I could imagine that felt sooo goood :P
I still remember the course really well so if anyone needs help feel free to quote me :smile:
I really enjoy computing, probably the subject Im most best at :biggrin: Have you guys received your assignment results out of /60 ?
Reply 11
Oh man they are the worst.

Looking forward to the question where they give you a set of instructions and you have to draw it or something lol :P

Yeah they're nice questions :smile: See the bad thing about computing science is it's all written so no multiple choice
Original post by Ethan100
hahaha I could imagine that felt sooo goood :P

She actually made me cry, she can suck on it
Yeah they're nice questions :smile: See the bad thing about computing science is it's all written so no multiple choice

I don't see the point in their being a section 2 if the whole paper is written lol
I don't see the point in their being a section 2 if the whole paper is written lol

Literally whats the difference between 1 and 2 ?
Reply 15

Yeah :P and remember our assignments can boost our marks up
Original post by Ethan100
Literally whats the difference between 1 and 2 ?

Nothing really apart from the fact that each question is worth 10 marks
Yeah :P and remember our assignments can boost our marks up

Yep. I'm aiming for at least a B.
Reply 18
Ah N5 Computing. Happy memories. Got an A and took it to Higher.

If anybody wants help with anything give me a shout

And btw, if you haven't finished the course by now, I would be very worried...
Original post by PTS_99
Ah N5 Computing. Happy memories. Got an A and took it to Higher.

If anybody wants help with anything give me a shout

And btw, if you haven't finished the course by now, I would be very worried...

What did you get for the assignment ? And wow an A :redface: :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest