The Student Room Group

Edexcel Chemistry IGCSE 1C Unofficial Mark Scheme 19th May 2016

Scroll to see replies

sorry to ask another, but how many marks overall do you think we can afford to lose in order to still get a comfortable a*?
Original post by exams2
sorry to ask another, but how many marks overall do you think we can afford to lose in order to still get a comfortable a*?

*tired sighs* around 130-135 out of 180 is roughly the boundary, so comfortable would be 145.
Original post by conradliebers
*tired sighs* around 130-135 out of 180 is roughly the boundary, so comfortable would be 145.

thank you and sorry ahah in a bit of a panic
Was there a substitution question or did I make that up?
Original post by exams2

Depending on the grade boundaries, A* is around 76% so perhaps around 41 marks?

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by MMay2000
I thought if at 25cm3 was in excess, all the magnesium has reacted, adding more acid doesn't change that, all the magnesium will react at the same rate the same way. increasing heat given out can only be affected by the mass of magnesium used.

someone explain i am probs wrong

No you're right, it has no effect on rate. This unofficial mark scheme is very flawed
Reply 266
I know that i am incorrect, but for the working out the mass of max water produced question I got 1.4g. Would anyone who got 0.9g let me know if they came across that number in their working. Thanks
Original post by exams2
for triple science students, I would say 150/180 is a comfortable A* so you could afford to lose 30 marks across both papers. If just double then I would say 100/120 so you could afford to lose 20 marks in the double award paper. Both these scores give 83% which is almost always an A*

It hasn't dipped below 140 in a few years
Original post by Carlos Santana
It hasn't dipped below 140 in a few years

If so, I'd actually expect it to rise if paper 2 is like paper 1.
Yes

Wait, i only showed formula for the bromopropane not hbr cuzz it said one of the products?????
If so, I'd actually expect it to rise if paper 2 is like paper 1.

Yeah probably will be about 144 doubt it will be much higher
Original post by Castro300
Wait, i only showed formula for the bromopropane not hbr cuzz it said one of the products?????

Yes thats what you are supposed to do, but someone else put both in and I said that would be okay because the additional H-Br they put in would be ignored.
Yes thats what you are supposed to do, but someone else put both in and I said that would be okay because the additional H-Br they put in would be ignored.

With the calcium and water, could i say bubbles and that calcium moves around
Reply 274
Original post by MattB_
It depends on the difficulty of paper 2. If paper 2 is of a similar difficulty I would imagine the grade boundary to between 137-140 (out of 180)?

I think the calcium carbonate one was:
Calcium oxide
Calcium chloride
Calcium hydrogen carbonate (a question later in the paper basically gave this answer away)

Yh no it was actually calcium carbonate
Reply 275
Original post by Carlos Santana
No you're right, it has no effect on rate. This unofficial mark scheme is very flawed

More heat energy has to be given out to a larger volume of hcl. Temp decreases

I put 1) Effervescence (bubbles). 2) Heat given off

Yeah.
Original post by Screme
Yh no it was actually calcium carbonate

I put "(Hydrated) Calcium Carbonate". would i get the mark?
How comes these are so wrong??

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending