The Student Room Group

OCR - Chemistry C1 C2 C3 19/05/16

How did everyone find this exam this morning? I personally thought it was a really good paper.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by DavidL2000
How did everyone find this exam this morning? I personally thought it was a really good paper.

Yeah it was easier than I expected :smile: what answers did you get? :3
Reply 2
Much better than biology unit 1 (OCR) - pretty much answered each question well (bit rushed on last 4 marker though). Overall, great paper.
Reply 3
Original post by 7Student7
Yeah it was easier than I expected :smile: what answers did you get? :3

I remember quite a few, want any in particular?
yes what did u put for the first six marker
also the first question about burning in oxygen and air
Reply 6
I remember quite a few, want any in particular?

Honestly all of them would be amazing aha I have bad memory :0
Reply 7
Original post by TANKING2113

Which was the first 6 marker ?
Reply 8

That was the one about the petrol and diesel cars right?
Firstly, I compared the carbon monoxide, particulate and nitrogen monoxide levels making sure I mention the data in my answer. I also talked about the harm that all three of these things do (not sure if you had to but why not), then I talked about how diesel cars use less fuel and are overall more efficient. I ended with saying a few points about why diesel cars would be banned in cities like large amounts of nitrogen dioxide in the air worsening breathing for the public. I would probably guess that I got around 5 marks on that question, If I could repeat it I would've talked more about why they are considering banning diesel cars from cities.
about diesel and petrol cars
Reply 10
also the first question about burning in oxygen and air

Not 100% sure on this one, either the flame will be hotter or they only use pure oxygen so that only complete combustion can take place (no particulates are made etc).
would i get a mark for saying that they had more carbon particulates which dirty building and buildings are a main attraction for q city and nitrogen monoxide goes on to form nitrogen dioxide which links to acid rain and then damages buildings etc.
would it be possible to have its pure
Reply 13
would i get a mark for saying that they had more carbon particulates which dirty building and buildings are a main attraction for q city and nitrogen monoxide goes on to form nitrogen dioxide which links to acid rain and then damages buildings etc.

I'd say so, but I don't know the marking scheme :P
just wondering coz i just made stuff up in attempts to get a mark
would an a be around 40/60
Reply 16
6 Markers - Matt had the best plan (planned 4 repeats, which meant the test was repeatable and therefore more reliable), and also had a more scientific and repeatable method / apparatus. Eco trainers better as used renewable / sustainable resources, required less energy during production, etc. I think they needed the energy required to obtain the resources needed to produce the trainers (but not too sure about this). Diesel banned in cities are produces carbon particulates (which deposit themselves as soot on buildings) and releases toxic CO (carbon monoxide), as well as weighing up the different pieces of data (which I can't remember).
also is it possible to get an A overall with a 49 in coursework
Reply 18
Not 100% sure on this one, either the flame will be hotter or they only use pure oxygen so that only complete combustion can take place (no particulates are made etc).

Hydrocarbons burn faster and hotter in pure oxygen
Reply 19
For the diesel/petrol 6 Marker, I didn't quote the data directly (e.g saying this was 9 but this is 6) - will I loose marks??? :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending