The Student Room Group

Computing ocr gcse

For my courseworks, I got 43/45 and 42/45 which are both a*s. What would I need in my exam to get an a* or an a?
Something reasonably high but not massively high.

Aim for the top, but you'll only need around 60-ish out of 80 to get an A.
Reply 2
Original post by Fractite
Something reasonably high but not massively high.

Aim for the top, but you'll only need around 60-ish out of 80 to get an A.

Is it that high!!!??? I thought if I did well in my coursework I won't have to do that well on my exam.
Sorry did I put an A?

Sorry I meant an A*.
Reply 4
Original post by exoexo13
Is it that high!!!??? I thought if I did well in my coursework I won't have to do that well on my exam.

Sorry did I put an A?

Sorry I meant an A*.

I got 41/45 for both my courseworks (to be honest, I thought this was a bit harsh) and I'm so scared they'll get marked down if the results need lowering from moderation because the boundary is 40.5! Do you mind me asking how you guys are revising for the theory and what resources you're using? I feel quite unprepared from my lessons because we focused heavily on practical skills and I missed a number of lessons, and I know the boundaries are usually very high for the CS theory papers. Sorry to jump on the thread, I've been struggling to find other people doing OCR and the paper is my biggest worry at the moment. Thank you :smile:
Reply 5
Wow this is so expansive! Thank you so much :smile:
Reply 6
Sorry did I put an A?

Sorry I meant an A*.

Oh pheww!!! :h:
Reply 7
Original post by CaptErin
I got 41/45 for both my courseworks (to be honest, I thought this was a bit harsh) and I'm so scared they'll get marked down if the results need lowering from moderation because the boundary is 40.5! Do you mind me asking how you guys are revising for the theory and what resources you're using? I feel quite unprepared from my lessons because we focused heavily on practical skills and I missed a number of lessons, and I know the boundaries are usually very high for the CS theory papers. Sorry to jump on the thread, I've been struggling to find other people doing OCR and the paper is my biggest worry at the moment. Thank you :smile:

We've not done much theory in class either but one of our IT teachers made a revision booklet. So gonna use that.
Reply 8
Original post by exoexo13
We've not done much theory in class either but one of our IT teachers made a revision booklet. So gonna use that.

Yeah my teacher gave us booklets for each topic but there's just too many of them to revise from efficiently :/ it's good to know that my school wasn't the only one disproportionately focusing on practical work, though :P
Reply 9
Original post by CaptErin
Yeah my teacher gave us booklets for each topic but there's just too many of them to revise from efficiently :/ it's good to know that my school wasn't the only one disproportionately focusing on practical work, though :P

Same there's too much info on the booklets, Dont know how im gonna manage to get through all of it

Quick Reply

Latest