The Student Room Group

English literature OCR F661- May 2016

Seems like there isn't a recent thread for the exam this may. Whats everyone thinking? What texts/Poems are you doing? How are you Revising?

Scroll to see replies

Hi, I'm studying Frankenstein and Emily Dickinson, what about you? This is my second attempt at the paper as I need a B, if you have any high level tips to get into the top band that'd be great! So far I'm just trying to do as many essay questions as possible (which is difficult with only 8 past questions available). Does anybody know of anywhere that I could find other essay questions to attempt? Thanks!
I'm doing this exam as a resit as well because I need a better grade!! I'm doing Yeats and Jane Eyre but I'm really struggling with revision because I moved college and they do a different exam board so none of the tutors really know the syllabus! Is anyone doing these texts?
Reply 3
Resit also doing Frakenstein and Yeats. Feeling pretty good about it, anyone have a prediction on what poem will come up?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by K W
Resit also doing Frakenstein and Yeats. Feeling pretty good about it, anyone have a prediction on what poem will come up?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think Easter 1916 or September 1913!
Reply 5
Same, after the poems that have previously come up. Those two seem to be the best two that allow a detailed response

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by K W
Same, after the poems that have previously come up. Those two seem to be the best two that allow a detailed response

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah! Also I don't think they would finish Yeats without doing one of his political poems as that's what the was so well known for!
Im doing Frankenstein and Edward Thomas poetry, any ideas what might come up?
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 8
I'm doing Mrs Dalloway and yeats poetry, any predictions?
Reply 9
Original post by bookinggreat
Hi, I'm studying Frankenstein and Emily Dickinson, what about you? This is my second attempt at the paper as I need a B, if you have any high level tips to get into the top band that'd be great! So far I'm just trying to do as many essay questions as possible (which is difficult with only 8 past questions available). Does anybody know of anywhere that I could find other essay questions to attempt? Thanks!

I'm also doing those! Any predictions? Really hated the Emily Dickinson question last year, my teachers said that that Gun poem probably wouldn't come up! I would love it to be It was not Death or What mystery pervades a well but I have a feeling it might be Behind me-dips eternity.

No clue for Frankenstein though. Holding out for nature hopefully!
Reply 10
Those doing Frankenstein!

My teachers made up some questions if you want to practice planning etc.

'We make our own monsters and fear them for what they show us about ourselves.'
In light of this comment, discuss how Shelley presents ideas about creation.

'The very winds whispered in soothing accents, and maternal Nature bade me weep no more.'
In light of this comment, discuss how Shelley presents ideas about Nature.

'I will pioneer a new way, explore unknown powers.'
In light of this comment, discuss how Shelley presents ideas about ambition.

'Frankenstein's message is more about morality and justice than science.'
In light of this comment, discuss how Shelley presents ideas about morality.

'Victor Frankenstein is not even in control of his own story.'
In light of this comment, discuss how Shelley uses different narrative perspectives.

'Frankenstein shows a world in which women have little power of influence.'
In light of this comment, discuss how Shelley presents women.

Hope this helps and good luck xoxo
Do you guys really think easter or september will come up? i think they'll be sneaky about it!!
oh god hahahaha i hope not because my analysis is strongest on them two
Original post by amykate06
oh god hahahaha i hope not because my analysis is strongest on them two

same! im currently looking at mem of eva
Original post by ShahnyeSaidy
same! im currently looking at mem of eva

i'm soooo stressed about it - i don't even know how to structure an answer properly anymore hahaha
i'm soooo stressed about it - i don't even know how to structure an answer properly anymore hahaha

neither i want to diee ahhhh!!! are you doing frankenstein?

me too!!! nooo i'm doing jane eyre and i haven't read the novel in over a year hahahaha i'm so not improving my grade this year

kinda regretting not getting a remark or requesting the paper back
kinda regretting not getting a remark or requesting the paper back

SAME omg hahhaha
SAME omg hahhaha

what did you get last year ?!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending