The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE Chemistry C1

Did anyone else miss out the first question about boron? :frown:(((((

Btw, i mean that i didnt see it, not that i couldnt do it...
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by jamesforshaw

No. How could anyone miss the easiest question on the paper? 😁

No, but I nearly missed the butane one out!
Original post by _Xenon_
No. How could anyone miss the easiest question on the paper? 😁

that's mean. I missed it out as well don't worry :smile: I'm sure you did great!
Reply 4
Original post by mollybellx
that's mean. I missed it out as well don't worry :smile: I'm sure you did great!

Well I missed loads of other questions but the very first one was nice imo. 😄

Are you talking about when you had to complete the shell? :smile:

Don't worry, I know my friend did and he's one the most intelligent person I have come across haha! Don't fret over it!
I didn't spell nucleus correctly I think youre alright !!
Reply 7
It's funny because if you found this hard wait till you look at page 1 of an AS chemistry paper. And page 1 is the front page where you fill in your details.

I don't remember having to do it that's what I am really confused about, I literally went through my paper making sure I had done every question so I don't know what's going on
lol my chemistry teacher predicted most of the questions haha
Boron was the one where you had to fill out the shell.......neon was the one where you had to explain why the electronic structure was wrong. Right?
I think i missed it too... howwww :frown:
Original post by Perfection Ace
Boron was the one where you had to fill out the shell.......neon was the one where you had to explain why the electronic structure was wrong. Right?

Yeah thats right, I'm so annoyed that i missed it because it was the easiest mark on the paper and the grade boundaries are going to really high
Original post by B3ASTy
I think i missed it too... howwww :frown:

Arghhhhhh:frown:
Reply 14

Just seen this and realised I missed it out too :L
Yess!! My friend and I both did. :frown: I have no idea how I didn't see it, even when I read through the paper upon completion I didn't see it... I only realised there actually was a question before the nucleus one when I was looked at an unofficial mark scheme.
Original post by Perfection Ace

Yepp
Some of my friends didn't realise that there was a back page
For the question about black on the bottom of the beaker or something I guessed and put Carbon Monoxide, does anyone know what the actual answer was?:smile:
Original post by MollieT3
For the question about black on the bottom of the beaker or something I guessed and put Carbon Monoxide, does anyone know what the actual answer was?:smile:

It was carbon particulates I think!

Quick Reply

Latest