The Student Room Group

WJEC GCSE Chemisrty 3 exam

How did everyone find the exam? Most people who sat it in my school thought it was a good paper, but i'm unsure!
I thought it was a great paper but everyone else seemed to hate it!! Hopefully this means lower grade boundaries?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by Serenhaf
How did everyone find the exam? Most people who sat it in my school thought it was a good paper, but i'm unsure!

Thought the exam was quite good actually, most of the questions were fine but no clue whether I got the 'molau' question right? My first answer was 2.5x10^-3/0.0025. The second i got 5x10^-3/0.005 and then the third bit i got 0.23??
Reply 3
Original post by ElisDM
Thought the exam was quite good actually, most of the questions were fine but no clue whether I got the 'molau' question right? My first answer was 2.5x10^-3/0.0025. The second i got 5x10^-3/0.005 and then the third bit i got 0.23??

yep i got the same answers for the moles question, and so did the people i spoke with after the exam so i'm quite confident that that was the answer! I thought the most awkward question was how it would differ if you used sodium carbonate instead of calcium carbonate though.
Reply 4
Original post by asdfghjklgcses
I thought it was a great paper but everyone else seemed to hate it!! Hopefully this means lower grade boundaries?

hopefully!!
I found C2 really challenging (so much maths) but C3 was great. I loved all the chemical reaction questions, the isomers and titration. I didn't like the moles questions and think I only got 3/7 on that one, but the rest was good. Most people in my class found it really challenging though, so I imagine there'll be low grade boundaries
Original post by ElisDM

Haha I'm guessing you sit the paper in Welsh as well?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
I revised last minute, literally last night and I feel like I've done really well on it :smile: So glad the Ostwald Process didn't come up cause I just couldn't get it to stick in my brain!!! :tongue:
Reply 8
Original post by Serenhaf
yep i got the same answers for the moles question, and so did the people i spoke with after the exam so i'm quite confident that that was the answer! I thought the most awkward question was how it would differ if you used sodium carbonate instead of calcium carbonate though.

For that one I just said that sodium carbonate wouldn't produce any co2 and also it would stay white? Did you sit it in Welsh?
Reply 9
Haha I'm guessing you sit the paper in Welsh as well?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yep haha, the last ACY was such a nice one
Original post by ElisDM
Yep haha, the last ACY was such a nice one

It was tbf!! I predicted both of the ACY's right I've never been more proud of myself😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
It was tbf!! I predicted both of the ACY's right I've never been more proud of myself😂

Posted from TSR Mobile

How could you even predict the first one it was so random as an ACY😂 What did you put for the wrong adeiledd moleciwlaidd? Pretty sure I got it wrong - I put E but I think it might have been D
Original post by ElisDM
How could you even predict the first one it was so random as an ACY😂 What did you put for the wrong adeiledd moleciwlaidd? Pretty sure I got it wrong - I put E but I think it might have been D

Well I didn't predict the first one exactly but I said that it would be something to do with dadansoddi cemegol😂 I think I did D but I think I explain the reason why wrong!! I put E at first then changed it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 13
Original post by ElisDM
For that one I just said that sodium carbonate wouldn't produce any co2 and also it would stay white? Did you sit it in Welsh?

I had no idea! No, i can speak welsh fluently but my school doesn't offer science in welsh

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending