The Student Room Group

Why do leftists love Islam?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
Original post by SaalihahHusain
I understand where you are coming from and I agree that at times Iran and Saudi Arabia have not treated women in the best manner. However I must clarify for all that this has nothing to do with the religion Islam.
Oh FFS! Do you expect anyone to take this seriously?

The Saudi Arabian constitution IS the Quran and sunnah!
Original post by oShahpo
You have great sentiment and caring views, but sadly an ignorant knowledge of Islam. I have an exam tomorrow so I am not going to comment further, but to say the least, I left Islam mainly because of the abhorrent misogyny in the Quran and Hadith. "Women are lacking mind and religion" said Muhammed. That's one of a thousand quotes of similar manner. You can very easily verify what I said if you really want to know the truth.

I would much appreciate it if you could provide me with the source of your evidence because I have done a LOT of research on Islam, particularly the views it holds on women. I do not understand how you make this particular statement when Muhammad's wives themselves held such great status in mind and religion. Khadijah, his first wide, was a very successful business woman, which does not support the fact that Muhammad would say women are lacking in mind. He himself did trade for her at one point. In further regards to lacking in mind as well as religion, Aisha, another of the Muhammad's wives, was sought out by leading members of the community in both the time of the Muhammad's Companions, and of those who had spoken to and learned from them. Many jurists consulted her in order to benefit from her legal knowledge. Aisha related the fourth most Hadith at 2210 Hadith. This alone proves the status and knowledge she had in religion.
Also, i hope you the very best in your exam tomorrow!
(edited 7 years ago)
I would much appreciate it if you could provide me with the source of your evidence because I have done a LOT of research on Islam, particularly the views it holds on women. I do not understand how you make this particular statement when Muhammad's wives themselves held such great status in mind and religion. Khadijah, his first wide, was a very successful business woman, which does not support the fact that Muhammad would say women are lacking in mind. He himself did trade for her at one point. In further regards to lacking in mind as well as religion, Aisha, another of the Muhammad's wives, was sought out by leading members of the community in both the time of the Muhammad's Companions, and of those who had spoken to and learned from them. Many jurists consulted her in order to benefit from her legal knowledge. Aisha related the fourth most Hadith at 2210 Hadith. This alone proves the status and knowledge she had in religion.

Typical daft muslim talking about stuff he doesn't know and needing Non-muslims to educate them about their own religion.

You realise that Muhammed married Khadijah BEFORE islam, before he had his first supposed revelation, so talking about Khadijah in a way to try and make Islam look good is not only sheer ignorance but very stupid
Original post by QE2
Oh FFS! Do you expect anyone to take this seriously?

The Saudi Arabian constitution IS the Quran and sunnah!

Your point is? Just because their constitution is the Quran and sunnah it does not mean that all of the wrong actions that happen in that country are from the Qur'an and Sunnah. I mean the Prince of Saudi was found drug trafficking but that is NOT part of the Qur'an or Sunnah. Messed up things go on in Saudi yet they get away with it, from my perspective, simply due to money along with other things. As said in https://www.quora.com/Which-is-the-ideal-country-ruled-by-laws-of-Quran-and-Sunnah, these countries have hypocritical government which have different laws for different people.
So some Buddhists are involved in a bloody conflict with others with different religious views, whilst most Buddhists wish for peace?

Sounds like Islam.
Original post by offhegoes
So some Buddhists are involved in a bloody conflict with others with different religious views, whilst most Buddhists wish for peace?

Sounds like Islam.

It's different because the buddhist religion condemns Any form of Violence whilst Islam promotes it.
War, rape, deceit (Allah says he's the best at deceit), Violence, prejudice (Muhammed called Ethiopians raising heads and turks people who look like heated shields), discrimination) etc
Original post by LordPenguinz
Haha yes its the dumbest **** ever.

Whenever a Muslim rapes someone or throws a gay off a roof leftists love to come to their defense and remind everyone 'its not all Muslims' but love to accuse all white men as being rapists. I suppose it just shows how stupid and ignorant they are of how backwards the Muslim world is.

Original post by godofwine
I don't think it's right to generalize a group of people like you've done. Most muslims are peaceful and don't behave like that.

lmao

Thank you very much :smile: I am not saying Muhammed hated women, he loved his wives no doubt. He did, like the Quran, suppose an inequality between men and women. The idea of female sex slaves "Melk Al-Yameen", the Hadith I mentioned above and the fact that Women have half the testimony of a man are all evidence. If you can read Arabic, the sources are quoted here :http://bayanelislam.net/Suspicion.aspx?id=03-03-0050
If not, it says that the hadith was quoted by Bukhari and Muslim.
(edited 7 years ago)
"My point is that to pin the conflict on Buddhism as an ideology is just plain stupid, especially since the ideology actually promotes the exact opposite of what's taking place. In reality, the whole thing was started by Islamic ideology"

I would agree with this, as if you replace the Buddhists with any group and the Muslims with any group the group being attacked would have all the right to defend themselves.

I also find Buddhism very interesting as a lot of what it teaches is sensible and out of all the religions seems like a pretty decent way of living your life, especially the whole Idea of the middle path saying that extremism is bad it is something that everyone should abide by.
The thing about Karma is that I view it not as some supernatural force but the ways that society governs itself and how people view each other and the constant bias that everyone has about everyone. and how your own actions even if no one knows about them you will always know and that will change you.
Original post by Listers
Typical daft muslim talking about stuff he doesn't know and needing Non-muslims to educate them about their own religion.

You realise that Muhammed married Khadijah BEFORE islam, before he had his first supposed revelation, so talking about Khadijah in a way to try and make Islam look good is not only sheer ignorance but very stupid

Or so you say. Yes, thank you anyway, I am well aware of that fact, yet it does not change anything. Khadijah did not change after the first supposed revelation or Islam, not did her status or anything else about her. However, if you don't want to talk about Khadijah, then don't. But are you going to tell me that Aisha was also married to the Muhammad before the supposed first revelation of Islam? If you want to talk about women who came after the revelation of Islam then fine, Umm Salama is a muslim woman who's counsel was accepted by Muhammad himself, and Hafsa, daughter of Umar ibn Al-Khattab was also a muslim woman yet she was the first person to be entrusted with the written Qur’an after the death of her father.
Also who said I was a muslim? People can love several types of history.
Or so you say. Yes, thank you anyway, I am well aware of that fact, yet it does not change anything. Khadijah did not change after the first supposed revelation or Islam, not did her status or anything else about her. However, if you don't want to talk about Khadijah, then don't. But are you going to tell me that Aisha was also married to the Muhammad before the supposed first revelation of Islam? If you want to talk about women who came after the revelation of Islam then fine, Umm Salama is a muslim woman who's counsel was accepted by Muhammad himself, and Hafsa, daughter of Umar ibn Al-Khattab was also a muslim woman yet she was the first person to be entrusted with the written Qur’an after the death of her father.
Also who said I was a muslim? People can love several types of history.

All those women you mentioned have nothing to do with the fact that Muhammed himself said that Women in general are mentally deficient in comparison to Men, also morally deficient as most of the inhabitants of hell are women, amongst many other vile things he did to women, like constantly rape his female captives, commanding his followers to do the same, trading multiple female slaves for one slave etc etc.

Your imam will never tell you any of this.
Original post by Onde
Was the Aisha you mention the one that the Muhammad had sex with when she was nine years old?

rekt
Original post by shakeebshams
Hindustan?

Call it what you like. Point being, that India in it's modern sense, was created in 1947.

Anyway, next time you go to India, make sure to visit Thiruvananthapuram. Beautiful city fam.

Never been. But will make sure I do so.
Original post by Onde
Was the Aisha you mention the one that the Muhammad had sex with when she was nine years old?

Mary was 12/13 years old when she married Joseph who was over 90 years old. Why do you not criticise that? There's a much greater age gap?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Are you sure?
Mary was 12/13 years old when she married Joseph who was over 90 years old. Why do you not criticise that? There's a much greater age gap?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lol, the my prophet\religious person is less disgusting then your prophet argument. Swell!
Original post by Are you sure?

Posted from TSR Mobile

We, as people living in the 21st century cannot argue on this.
We should not forget that people in the oldern times used to hit puberty much much earlier. I should note that this practice still occurs in India where 9 year old girls get married. Something so common in the olden days being criticized 2000 years later makes no sense
We, as people living in the 21st century cannot argue on this.
We should not forget that people in the oldern times used to hit puberty much much earlier. I should note that this practice still occurs in India where 9 year old girls get married. Something so common in the olden days being criticized 2000 years later makes no sense

First, absolute complete bulls*** on the reaching puberty earlier "back in the day". Second, puberty does not mean sexual maturity. Young girls die or face permanent damage from intercourse at that age (not to mention lifelong psychological damage). Have you ever considered why Aisha did not have children. Think about this, don't just throw out the same old regurgitated apologetic crap for the sake or protecting your sacred beliefs.

It is wrong and vile during anytime in history, then and now. Furthermore, it needs to be stopped now, as some child bride marriages are still very prevalent in some Middle Eastern countries. It is another disgusting blight against humanity.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by animus1
First, absolute complete bulls*** on the reaching puberty earlier "back in the day". Second, puberty does not mean sexual maturity. Young girls die or face permanent damage from intercourse at that age (not to mention lifelong psychological damage). Have you ever considered why Aisha did not have children. Think about this, don't just throw out the same old regurgitated apologetic crap for the sake or protecting your sacred beliefs.

It is wrong and vile during anytime in history, then and now. Furthermore, it needs to be stopped now, as some child bride marriages are still very prevalent in some Middle Eastern countries. It is another disgusting blight against humanity.

You sure fam? It's way more prevalent in countries like India, Sri Lanka. I've even read that an 8 year old girl was suspected of having an evil soul and was forced to marry a dog......yup a dog

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending