The Student Room Group

Business Studies (BUSS 1, 2, 3 and 4):

Scroll to see replies

Question Regarding why the Income Budget may be Inaccurate
Hi,

I wrote one point on that she was operating in a local market and had only just moved there which meant that she probably had little market knowledge. What does everyone think of this argument?
(edited 7 years ago)
Posted from TSR Mobile

Again I thought she hadn't decided, the end of the case study said she had yet to decide and the 15 marker was your time to recommend which one she would do. She had a freelancer friend that would help with advertising or something If she had gone independent
Original post by Bsc123
It's most certainly enough for full marks on that question? You had to argue two points !

Posted from TSR Mobile I only remember it asking for the reasons and not specifying two?
Reply 143
LOOOOl i didnt even understand the case study, had to rush it cos of time
im sorry but was location b on an island or what
For market size, I got to the point of 129,000 but then stopped. I know that's not correct answer but how many marks would that get do you think?
I got 129k too...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by fizzwizz2016
im sorry but was location b on an island or what

Ahaahahaha not quite it was on the beach by a zoo and car park. That's funny though lol. The map was so unexpected

Original post by Tedarien
For market size, I got to the point of 129,000 but then stopped. I know that's not correct answer but how many marks would that get do you think?

1 I'd say, you did the first step. You just needed to divide that by 12 then x the answer by 100

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 148
Original post by Tedarien

1 mark
Just wondering regarding the income budget question (10 marker i think) what did everyone do in terms of content and structure?
Original post by Paddythed
Ahaahahaha not quite it was on the beach by a zoo and car park. That's funny though lol. The map was so unexpected

1 I'd say, you did the first step. You just needed to divide that by 12 then x the answer by 100

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks.
Original post by amar360
Just wondering regarding the income budget question (10 marker i think) what did everyone do in terms of content and structure?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Defined income budget, discussed 3 to 4 reasons then concluded that I thought it was inaccurate
Reply 152
Original post by imran_
1 mark

How did you get that? By adding all the revenue in figure three ?
Reply 153
Original post by Paddythed
Posted from TSR Mobile

Defined income budget, discussed 3 to 4 reasons then concluded that I thought it was inaccurate

For 10 markers you only need 2 well explained reasons
Anyone want to make an unofficial mark scheme?
Original post by fizzwizz2016
well I've failed business

Same here.... Don't worry

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by 28/01/2016
Same here.... Don't worry

Posted from TSR Mobile

Really sucks you guys feel that way.. They'll use your best grade for overall scores... But I guess that's it.. The new spec is quite different multiple choice questions and two case studies
I got 105700 how did u get 1 million..?
sorry i am such a procrastinator and this is what i wrote for the buss 1 retake can someone just give me reassurance and tell me its ok
a. defined adding value eg. adding the worth of elements of resources to increase the overall worth of a product then gave an example of customising the souveneers
b. defined quanti - numerical something ect

I got 107500 for the first one
£525 for the variable cost for second one
£16 for the price if each item and sold 75 each day for the third one

benefits of temp
- as a startup she is not completely aware of expected dmenad, thereofre with temp she can be flexible
- disadv- low employee moral as they dont have a permanent contract ect

location b
reasons for:
less competitiors and closer to beahc which according to figure 1 has 80% tourism attraction ect
- cheaper

reasons against
- not on the main road, where most tourist would be , ect

last question
i said franchise, because of the lack of expertise, which can be offerd by franchisor
however drawback of franchise is that she cant personalise the product

i had a major incident during my exam meaning i wasnt able to finsish properly and ran out of loads of time, i am very worried i wont get the grade i need for university , i will get worked up with this exam and fail the rest , my exam technique went out the bloody window
I got 56.4 for variable costs... just gonna assumed I've failed now then

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending