The Student Room Group

Buss1 2016 predictions

Scroll to see replies

Original post by flash14
what do people feel grade boundaries will be like?

High as the only people who took it were re-sitting so everyone will have done quite well
Reply 41
Original post by Amberfawcett
High as the only people who took it were re-sitting so everyone will have done quite well

they'll stay the same, doubt it would exceed 41 for an A
Reply 42
I saw that someone who didn't have experience with the market and experience with budges got the full marks as 2 different points and that's what I wrote. Do you think those points will be okay for the budgets q??????
Reply 43
I also got 525 as variables costs, £16 as av unit cost and like 70 something as units
Reply 44
What did you guys write for the why not location B???? Like a disadvantage
Reply 45
For Question 2c, who used numerical figures and what figures did you get to compare both options 1 and 2?
Reply 46
Original post by Samz146
For Question 2c, who used numerical figures and what figures did you get to compare both options 1 and 2?

yeah worked out the budgeted profit for both there was a difference of 10k with option 2 being the most profitable
Reply 47
I did the same - I discussed financially that option 2 would have a profit of £47,000 compared to option 1`s £37,000 - as well option 2 allowed her to take advantage of a solid reputation and the franchise`s marketing services

I found arguing for option 1 difficult but mentioned it would mean she could take time off to care for her children between November to February

what did individuals argue for question this question
Reply 48
Original post by flash14
I did the same - I discussed financially that option 2 would have a profit of £47,000 compared to option 1`s £37,000 - as well option 2 allowed her to take advantage of a solid reputation and the franchise`s marketing services

I found arguing for option 1 difficult but mentioned it would mean she could take time off to care for her children between November to February

yeah i did the exact same
Original post by flash14

yup same, overall i think it was a good paper, much better than last year (i got a mid B last year). I did get the market segment q wrong but i did get method marks, the rest was really good.

in terms of grade boundaries they cant really make it more than 80% (48/60) but it would be higher than normal as i think it was an easy paper and it was a legacy paper. Hope everyone does well (y)
Me too!
The 15 markets were peng and I got the same calculation answers but at first glance they did throw me off a little

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Louiset28xx
Me too!
The 15 markets were peng and I got the same calculation answers but at first glance they did throw me off a little

Posted from TSR Mobile

i didn't include much numerical evidence in the last questions :frown: am i going to lose a lot of marks
Reply 52
Original post by imran_
yeah i did the exact same

Same same :smile:)))
Reply 53
What did you write for 1e I believe and 2a and b??
Reply 54
Original post by SohaXO
What did you write for 1e I believe and 2a and b??

ie
advatnage of temp worker
would be able to cover for seasonal time as fulltime and part time workers may not be needed and thus redicing costs (something like that)

disadvantage

may not be motivated due to only being hired for seasonal purposes
Reply 55
what did individuals argue for the;
- Location choice for A and B question?
- The income budget question?
Reply 56
Original post by imran_
yeah worked out the budgeted profit for both there was a difference of 10k with option 2 being the most profitable

Yup I did the same showing option 2 which should bring us to GaP at 7/8 marks automatically doing this plus explanations giving a greater mark for 2c

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending