The Student Room Group

LGBTQ+ Forum

Hello lovelies, my name is Kristina, I'm 21 and I identify as bisexual, with a slight preference towards women.

I can't seem to find an active thread aimed towards those who identify as LGBTQ+ so I thought I'd start one!
I just thought it would be nice to have a little space where we can talk and make friends and maybe help each other out if need be.
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Why not just make a thread here?
Seems like a good idea to me :smile:
I'm 17 and I identify as gay/lesbian.
I'm in sixth form so I'm taking my AS levels at the moment, what about you?
Just do something here, it probably makes the most sense.
You can make one on here but there's already a LGBTQ+ society I think so it's up to you :smile:
If a straight person made a thread like this, they'd be branded as homophobic.
Original post by Anonymous

No but they would be branded as someone who clearly doesn't live in a world where the vast majority of people are part of a straight society :rolleyes:
Reply 7
20, Bisexual 👋 this is the first lgbtq+ forum I have came across on here 😛

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Blondie987
No but they would be branded as someone who clearly doesn't live in a world where the vast majority of people are part of a straight society :rolleyes:

So it's ok for me to make a thread inviting black people only?
So it's ok for me to make a thread inviting black people only?

This isn't a thread about only being LGBTQ+c, anyone is allowed to join but it's aimed at this group because it will be dealing with their issues, if you want to make a thread about a certain minority and having to deal with issues relating to that minority, feel free
Thank you for making this thread!! I'm 17, bi with a preference for women, currently studying English Lit, English Lang, History and RS at AS level :smile:
the title and OPs initial post makes it obvious that she's only interested in talking to people who are LGBT+ and If I make a thread for black people, I guarantee someone will call me racist

No they wouldn't, it's about talking to people who are in a similar situation to you, like having a forum for people who live in care or for people who live with deaf parents or anything like that. It's not about excluding people, it's about talking to people who understand your situation.
the title and OPs initial post makes it obvious that she's only interested in talking to people who are LGBT+ and If I make a thread for black people, I guarantee someone will call me racist

Her exact words are 'aimed towards', how you have taken some kind of 'gays only or get out!' mentality from that, I really dont know. If you feel that way, don't make the thread, this is literally intended to help people of a minority, it has made no implications towards being anything other than that??
Hey guys! Im 18 and I identify as bisexual!

Are you guys out to your friends/family?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey :dance:

I'm Maya :h:

I'm 17 and I identify as Bisexual :yes:

We should start a new Official LGBT Chat Thread in the LGBT Soc cause the old one is a bit dead :tongue:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by KMLeeson
Hello lovelies, my name is Kristina, I'm 21 and I identify as bisexual, with a slight preference towards women.

I can't seem to find an active thread aimed towards those who identify as LGBTQ+ so I thought I'd start one!
I just thought it would be nice to have a little space where we can talk and make friends and maybe help each other out if need be.

Original post by EuanF
Why not just make a thread here?

Original post by sarahjackson1999
Seems like a good idea to me :smile:
I'm 17 and I identify as gay/lesbian.
I'm in sixth form so I'm taking my AS levels at the moment, what about you?

Original post by TercioOfParma
Just do something here, it probably makes the most sense.

Original post by Blondie987
You can make one on here but there's already a LGBTQ+ society I think so it's up to you :smile:

Original post by Nays4y3r
20, Bisexual 👋 this is the first lgbtq+ forum I have came across on here 😛

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by socialdisaster
Thank you for making this thread!! I'm 17, bi with a preference for women, currently studying English Lit, English Lang, History and RS at AS level :smile:

Original post by Pirate123

Posted from TSR Mobile

can i do it
Original post by bluemadhatter
Hey :dance:

I'm Maya :h:

I'm 17 and I identify as Bisexual :yes:

We should start a new Official LGBT Chat Thread in the LGBT Soc cause the old one is a bit dead :tongue:

Awww im so happy you posted that :hugs: <3 x

---------
erm

Spoiler

Yes! My family hate it lol, but it's down to them to get over it. I'm happy with who I am. My friends are fine with it, really happy.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Pirate123

Posted from TSR Mobile

I am, it took me being in a relationship with a girl to come out and though my family don't really understand it, my friends were totally cool with it, apparently a lot of them had picked up on comments i'd made about women previously that i didn't even know i'dsaid! 😛

Posted from TSR Mobile
Bisexual, predominant attraction to men (with facial hair.) :giggle:

Not everyone would.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending