~Gingerbread's road to Law~

Scroll to see replies

Seven years :eek::eek::eek4::eek3::eek2:
Original post by SinsNotTragedies
Seven years :eek::eek::eek4::eek3::eek2:

According to one of my friends it was approx 6300 lessons :cry2:
Original post by Gingerbread101
According to one of my friends it was approx 6300 lessons :cry2:

Aww, sounds like they were 6300 great lessons. :tongue: You can return to teach! :rofl:
Aww, sounds like they were 6300 great lessons. :tongue: You can return to teach! :rofl:

That's actually my back up plan, to become an English teacher :ninja:
That's actually my back up plan, to become an English teacher :ninja:

At your school? :lol: That would actually be so cool. :tongue: Your posts are sooo long because of your name and I find it so hilarious :rofl:
At your school? :lol: That would actually be so cool. :tongue: Your posts are sooo long because of your name and I find it so hilarious :rofl:

Ideally :colondollar:

Hahaha :rofl:
Ideally :colondollar:

Hahaha :rofl:

If only I loved my college that much. :lol: Btw, I'm really struggling with working out iambic pentameter, every time someone tries to explain it to me I just get so confused. How does it even work? :cry2:
We were given study leave this Tuesday, after much debate and complaint from us (particularly me, bring in the school council!) It really helps me to tailor my revision to both my weaknesses and my nearest exams.
If only I loved my college that much. :lol: Btw, I'm really struggling with working out iambic pentameter, every time someone tries to explain it to me I just get so confused. How does it even work? :cry2:

So pentameter means there's five iambs (a set of two syllables), so 10 syllables per line. The iambs are made up of one stressed and one unstressed syllable. So it sounds like 'ba-DUM, ba-DUM, ba-DUM, ba-DUM, ba-DUM'. If you look at actual words in iambic pentameter, the stress falls like this:
shall I comPARE thee TO a SUMmers DAY
You don't necessarily put more emphasis or volume on those words, but if you imagine the rhythm of the line, that's where your stress would naturally fall.

Hope this helps! :biggrin:
Original post by kennethdcharles
We were given study leave this Tuesday, after much debate and complaint from us (particularly me, bring in the school council!) It really helps me to tailor my revision to both my weaknesses and my nearest exams.

When were they planning on giving you study leave?
So pentameter means there's five iambs (a set of two syllables), so 10 syllables per line. The iambs are made up of one stressed and one unstressed syllable. So it sounds like 'ba-DUM, ba-DUM, ba-DUM, ba-DUM, ba-DUM'. If you look at actual words in iambic pentameter, the stress falls like this:
shall I comPARE thee TO a SUMmers DAY
You don't necessarily put more emphasis or volume on those words, but if you imagine the rhythm of the line, that's where your stress would naturally fall.

Hope this helps! :biggrin:

Thank you so much, this is the first time I've understood it :facepalm:

Spoiler

Thank you so much, this is the first time I've understood it :facepalm:

Spoiler

Woo :awesome:

Are you not getting study leave at all?
Woo :awesome:

Are you not getting study leave at all?

Nope, not at all :backstab:
Nope, not at all :backstab:

When do you officially leave school then? :eek:
When do you officially leave school then? :eek:

When all of my exams are over. We stop attending a specific lesson when the exams for that subject are over, but continue going to the lessons which haven't been examined yet :tongue:
When all of my exams are over. We stop attending a specific lesson when the exams for that subject are over, but continue going to the lessons which haven't been examined yet :tongue:

Blimeyyyyy :eek2:
Update 19/05/2016

Today was my last day of lessons at Sixth Form... I'm super emotional about leaving behind the school I've been at for 7 years, and all of the friends I've had. We're going back in tomorrow morning for our Leaver's Assembly and then we're going out for Leaver's Party (so I won't be able to write an update for my official last day). My form tutor decorated mugs for us all with a message on for each of us, and mine was 'if this was Hogwarts, you would be Hermione', which I think was pretty accurate!

I got back another Literature essay, where I got 37/40 because I tried to be too clever and added an extra bit that lost me marks (the question asked for wider reading about drama and I'd included loads of drama stuff but added in a poem too because the link was too nice to not talk about haha). I've not been doing as much revision for the past few days because I've been trying to make the most of leaving school, but I should be back in full swing on Sunday and revising during the day too as we'll have started study leave.

Russia: 6 days left
Gen St 1: 8 days left
Gen St 2: 18 days left
Gen St 3: 22 days left
History: 22 days left
Gen St 4: 27 days left
Language: 27 days left
Literature: 29 days left

When do you start study leave?
~Gingerbread~

Quotes

The limits on what wider reading we can use in the Lit exam are always frustrating - often there's a perfect poem link and not that much to talk about from the other genres yet AQA limit it :-( I don't break up for study leave for another week but I'm really looking forward to it, as independent revision is a lot nicer than being told what to revise in lessons!
Blimeyyyyy :eek2:

Don't sound so horrified, you're intensifying my nervousness and sadness :sad:
Original post by doctorwhofan98
The limits on what wider reading we can use in the Lit exam are always frustrating - often there's a perfect poem link and not that much to talk about from the other genres yet AQA limit it :-( I don't break up for study leave for another week but I'm really looking forward to it, as independent revision is a lot nicer than being told what to revise in lessons!

I didn't realise we couldn't until that essay :lol:
Don't sound so horrified, you're intensifying my nervousness and sadness :sad:

It's just very different from what I'm used to, although I guess the extra teacher time is good for getting last minute things marked :ninja:
It's just very different from what I'm used to, although I guess the extra teacher time is good for getting last minute things marked :ninja:

Yeah.. erm, you'll hear why that might not be the best thing :K:

Quick Reply

Latest