The Student Room Group

Maintainance Loan and Grant Help

Hello everyone :smile: I was wondering if someone would be able to assist me on my question.

So I finally got a placement for my whole third year of university at a museum, but apparently I will not be getting the Grant which I have been getting in my previous years at university because I am on placement or something?

Is this true? Because I'm on an unpaid placement living in accommodation next year and I won't be able to afford the accommodation at all because of that.

Original post by Gorganite
Hello everyone :smile: I was wondering if someone would be able to assist me on my question.

So I finally got a placement for my whole third year of university at a museum, but apparently I will not be getting the Grant which I have been getting in my previous years at university because I am on placement or something?

Is this true? Because I'm on an unpaid placement living in accommodation next year and I won't be able to afford the accommodation at all because of that.

Placement support depends on how your uni has set things up - you need to speak to them directly to find out what you can get and what extra support might be available.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending