The Student Room Group

AS AQA Geography GEOG1 17th and GEOG2 20th May 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by abrack
I doubt it; has been SR for last 2 years. Still revise though!

Okay great - do you have any predictions for part 1 ? I'm not very good at maths at all so sometimes that part of the paper freaks me out
Reply 841
Sounds like a silly question, but does the water budget mean? And what could possibly come up relating to it?😁

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Sophie.Metcalfe
Great, thank you! That would be nice, I'm glad it's likely to be the physical topic.

My pleasure. I'm also happy it is likely to be physical... I suck at the population skills! :s-smilie:
Original post by SSAA9
Sounds like a silly question, but does the water budget mean? And what could possibly come up relating to it?😁

Posted from TSR Mobile

This should help. Fairly easy to understand. http://www.alevelgeography.com/water-balance/
:smile:
whats the types of coasts?
Does anyone have any predictions for the questions likely to come up in the fieldwork section? X
If the question is "describe the geographical theory, concept or idea that formed the basis of your fieldwork investigation"

And my school went to investigate how a rivers velocity changes downstream using Bradshaw's model, how would I answer that question???
Do we need to be able to discuss the advantages and disadvantages of a particular graph e.g.proportional symbol maps
Original post by poppy_riley
Okay great - do you have any predictions for part 1 ? I'm not very good at maths at all so sometimes that part of the paper freaks me out

I'm pretty useless with maths too! It will probs be rivers, so likely to be water budget, Hydrographs or Hjulström curve. There could also be kite diagrams and triangular graphs!
Everyone else seems to have qualitive data for their fieldwork, my class went to a town and evaluated flood defences and did surveys/questionnaires, is this wrong if so what do I do?!
Original post by abrack
I'm pretty useless with maths too! It will probs be rivers, so likely to be water budget, Hydrographs or Hjulström curve. There could also be kite diagrams and triangular graphs!

Okay thankyou!! Good luck tomorrow :smile:
If the question is "describe the geographical theory, concept or idea that formed the basis of your fieldwork investigation"

And my school went to investigate how a rivers velocity changes downstream using Bradshaw's model, how would I answer that question???

"The aim of our investigation was to see downstream variation of river X. In particular: velocity, channel width and depth and bedload size. This follows the bradshaw model" and so on...
Reply 852
Original post by abrack
This should help. Fairly easy to understand. http://www.alevelgeography.com/water-balance/
:smile:

Thank you, good luck for tomo!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Okay thankyou!! Good luck tomorrow :smile:

No probs! Thanks, and good luck to you too! :biggrin:
Original post by SSAA9
Thank you, good luck for tomo!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

No probs. Thanks and good luck to you too! :-)
Original post by geographygenius2
Right ive seen all the predictions etc but rather be fully prepared.

How could I answer how my enquiry improved my understanding of the topic area? (did bradshaws model and rivers)
Also if asked about how ict could be used what could i say?

thanks in advance

im doing the same investigation! we have been advised to comment on the fact that it is difficult to understand the concept over a textbook, its visual to view it first hand etc

ICT - comment on the fact you can draw graphs on edexcel, use it to find out weather forecast, analyse results/present results etc

hope this helps!
Hi Guys, Here is my paper from my mock. Its the 2015 GEOG2. I've got 43/50 for it. Enjoy!
Ps. TSR wouldn't let me upload it because it's too big so I had to upload it to dropbox: https://www.dropbox.com/s/tqr1q3nzxs89l9g/GEOG2%20DAWID%20A%20GRADE.pdf?dl=0
Original post by Dangerousbros
Everyone else seems to have qualitive data for their fieldwork, my class went to a town and evaluated flood defences and did surveys/questionnaires, is this wrong if so what do I do?!

I'm not sure, but i thought everyone's fieldwork was rivers-based? All i can suggest is going ti see your teacher ASAP tomorrow morning!

Best of luck.
Original post by dawideksoltysik
Hi Guys, Here is my paper from my mock. Its the 2015 GEOG2. I've got 43/50 for it. Enjoy!
Ps. TSR wouldn't let me upload it because it's too big so I had to upload it to dropbox: https://www.dropbox.com/s/tqr1q3nzxs89l9g/GEOG2%20DAWID%20A%20GRADE.pdf?dl=0

Thank you!
Hi!

Does anyone have any resources on kite diagrams?
I seen they are predicted, and know little about them or about how to draw them! Advice would be greatly appreciated!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending