The Student Room Group

2016 AQA GCSE Chemistry Unofficial mark scheme 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ScienceFantatic
Was that definitely question 5?

Most of your points in the last question was correct. The only thing that is wrong is that the boiling point dosent increase, the melting point does. And for the 6 marker even though most of the natural gas is made from methane, there are still hydrocarbons in the natural gas.
Original post by dhruvap
For all the people that wrote 20.3... The table had answers written in 2 decimal places, e.g. 24.74, 26.56 .... Therefore answer of the mean but be in two decimal places. This is why it was a 2 MARKER. The calculator showed 20.3 but you are meant to apply knowledge of the table and see that answer must have 2 decimal places. If anyone has proof from past papers I would like to see.

This is what my teacher said,(aqa examiner who received mark scheme at lunch) and I've also realised that yes this is true. (I made same mistake).

20.3 is exactly the same as 20.30 it makes no difference, im also sure the mark schemes wouldnt even have been given out yet

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by dhruvap
For all the people that wrote 20.3... The table had answers written in 2 decimal places, e.g. 24.74, 26.56 .... Therefore answer of the mean but be in two decimal places. This is why it was a 2 MARKER. The calculator showed 20.3 but you are meant to apply knowledge of the table and see that answer must have 2 decimal places. If anyone has proof from past papers I would like to see.

This is what my teacher said,(aqa examiner who received mark scheme at lunch) and I've also realised that yes this is true. (I made same mistake).

Please don't spread lies, they don't see the mark scheme.
The
Original post by blueribbons99
20.3 is exactly the same as 20.30 it makes no difference, im also sure the mark schemes wouldnt even have been given out yet

Posted from TSR Mobile

E
Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
You know for the question on sub atomic particles i didnt put +1, -1 and 0, i just put positive, neutral and negative charge. Will i still be awarded the marks?
(edited 7 years ago)
im so lucky that all my isa grades are A or above, i guess i will need to get A*s all the 1's and 2's and a high a for the 3's in order to get A* for all 3 of em
Original post by dhruvap

Also, the exam was after lunch. So AQA would be out of their minds to give a teacher-examiner the mark scheme before the actual exam took place. Just a bit of common sense was lacking in that lie
Original post by Mathsisfun69
You know for the question on sub atomic particles i didnt put +1, -1 and 0, i just put positive, neutral and negative charge. Will i still be awarded the marks?

Most likely however if you mentioned the electron you won't receive any marks because you didn't answer the question.
Original post by bledzcool
Most of your points in the last question was correct. The only thing that is wrong is that the boiling point dosent increase, the melting point does. And for the 6 marker even though most of the natural gas is made from methane, there are still hydrocarbons in the natural gas.

Ah I wrote melting point in my exam paper buy I want sure. I'm not sure sure what you're getting at with the 6 marker.
Reply 449
Original post by Adzkii786
I wrote Lid to prevent gasses escaping LOOOL such a fail

I did aswell, is that wrong?
That same question was on a C3 paper a few years ago and the answer was a lid to prevent heat escaping
[QUOTE=iamhasana;64971431]Most likely however if you mentioned the electron you won't receive any marks because you didn't answer the question.

No, i didnt add the electrons, i'm honestly not too sure why i added it here lmao. Anyways, thanks for the reassurance. I think i've got around 37 marks or more. I harshly marked myself
Original post by mrh7
I did aswell, is that wrong?
That same question was on a C3 paper a few years ago and the answer was a lid to prevent heat escaping

I put it as well I thought I was right?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 452

Posted from TSR Mobile

I said decrease surface area of hydrocarbon fuel is this right?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by z_o_e
I said decrease surface area of hydrocarbon fuel is this right?

Posted from TSR Mobile

No because the fuel burnt was liquid so how would you do that? and that wouldn't mean the thermometer would give a more accurate measurements unfortunately
one mark for showing the working out and one mark for answer.
How can you round a number that has one decimal to two decimal places?

20.3 cannot be rounded to to 3 significant figures, as there is no 4th number.
The information provided was in whole numbers and thi is why it did not come up as a recurring decimal.
Reply 455

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I think it is
Reply 456
If anyone wants to help filling it out o can remember specific questions, post here

Do you think I would get a mark for saying 'Heat' instead of 'High temperatures'?
This is for the higher tier

Question 1

Spoiler

Question 2

Spoiler

Question 3

Spoiler

Question 4:

Spoiler

Question 5

Spoiler

Random ones:

Spoiler

Took me a while to make so any rep would be much appreciated :smile:. I hope this helped you all, I was getting impatient with it not being made in time so I made my own.

For Q3, reactivity series, I wrote the answer you have but because I was rushing I also accidentally said 'the more reactive it is, the easier it is' instead of less reactive. Do I lose marks for the right answer for writing the end part?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Prxya_K
For Q3, reactivity series, I wrote the answer you have but because I was rushing I also accidentally said 'the more reactive it is, the easier it is' instead of less reactive. Do I lose marks for the right answer for writing the end part?
that is exactly what I ended up doing :frown: such easy 2 marks
Original post by Prxya_K

Yep 0 marks I'm afraid

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending