The Student Room Group

Aqa law unit 2 *offical thread*

Poll

What grade do you think you got on the law unit 2 exam?

How's everyone feeling for the exam tomorrow?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Not looking forward to it ahaha
Reply 2
Does anyone have any Revision material they want to share
Reply 3
Original post by iqzmoh
Does anyone have any Revision material they want to share

It's a bit late for revision material haha!
Reply 4
Original post by Thamim01
Not looking forward to it ahaha

Im resitting this paper! Got to say the timing is horrible for it! I got a C in last years unit 2 and an A in unit 1..
Reply 5
Original post by NHM
It's a bit late for revision material haha!

It's never too late
Reply 6
Original post by iqzmoh
It's never too late[/QU

What about tips then? i'm all good for revision material don't worry:smile: ahahah
Reply 7
[QUOTE="Thamim01;64968209"]
Original post by iqzmoh
It's never too late[/QU

What about tips then? i'm all good for revision material don't worry:smile: ahahah

Speaking from experience... Don't over complicate the question they'll be questions that say explain, discuss, briefly discuss and outline... If it asks for an outline or briefly discuss no need to go OTT on the question.

Predictions for this year:

Causation
Contemp rule
Offence wise- S47/S20
Summary offence procedure
Aggravating/ mitigating factors

Civil is usually about the same questions every year (duty, breach, damage and remoteness, three track system and damages) but got a feeling the principle of res ispa loquitor will appear ( ranging anywhere between 5-8 marks)
Reply 8
[QUOTE="NHM;64968631"]
Original post by Thamim01

Speaking from experience... Don't over complicate the question they'll be questions that say explain, discuss, briefly discuss and outline... If it asks for an outline or briefly discuss no need to go OTT on the question.

Predictions for this year:

Causation
Contemp rule
Offence wise- S47/S20
Summary offence procedure
Aggravating/ mitigating factors

Civil is usually about the same questions every year (duty, breach, damage and remoteness, three track system and damages) but got a feeling the principle of res ispa loquitor will appear ( ranging anywhere between 5-8 marks)

I too think Comtemp rule and caustion will come up
But for the Non Fatal section I think it's going to be Assault(so common but didn't come up last year) and ABH S.47 (also common) with Assault or Battery //causation
Reply 9
image.jpg
Attachment not found

Would you structure your non fatal questions like this?
Reply 10
[QUOTE="iqzmoh;64968837"]
Original post by NHM

I too think Comtemp rule and caustion will come up
But for the Non Fatal section I think it's going to be Assault(so common but didn't come up last year) and ABH S.47 (also common) with Assault or Battery //causation

If they use S.47 ABH it covers assault and/or battery so I think it'll be S.20 :-)
Reply 11
Original post by iqzmoh
image.jpg
Attachment not found

Would you structure your non fatal questions like this?

I structure my questions like this, my teacher an AQA examiner marked this and it received full marks :-) . image.jpg
What js the cotemp rule??? Have i not been taugt this wth :redface:
Original post by Qmwnebrv
What js the cotemp rule??? Have i not been taugt this wth :redface:

Just found out it is the coincidence rule its all good
What cases go with legal causation? I have it down as the Pagett case but that is usually in intervening acts, right?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 15
Original post by ~Cerridwen~
What cases go with legal causation? I have it down as the Pagett case but that is usually in intervening acts, right?
DO NOT PUT PADGETT DOWN AS LEGAL CAUSATION!Causation refers to proving Ds act or omission was the cause of the prohibited consequence.Factual causation - but for test ( Case wise use white and Padgett. In white D was held not to be the factual causation of his mothers death as she died of a heart attack and not as a result of drinking the poisoned milk. However in Padgett D was held to be the factual cause 'but for him using his girlfriend as a human shield she would have not been shot and have died as a result'Legal causation simply means asking was D the substantive and operative cause of Vs injury or death (smith)There are situations where the chain may have been broken, meaning D will no longer be liable.. This can occur in 3 waysVs own act (Roberts)Act of third party (smith or Jordan)Act of GodBriefly mention thin skull rule (Blaue)Hope this helps???Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 16
Original post by Zeshan1
For the three track system what financial limits are people using, apparently the limits have changed for high court from 50k to 100k

Yeah cases over 100k now heard in the HC.
Reply 17
Original post by Zeshan1
Will the old limits still be accepted?

No. It's only a minor change... Surely you can remember it for tomorrow?
Within Negligence, whats the easiest way to apply 3 risk factors to the scenario? i know Latimer is a given in any scenario
Reply 19
Original post by Qmwnebrv
Just found out it is the coincidence rule its all good

Haha! Will probably come up as 7 marks.

Quick Reply

Latest