The Student Room Group

Edexcel Chemistry IGCSE 1C Unofficial Mark Scheme 19th May 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by bbk717
I know that i am incorrect, but for the working out the mass of max water produced question I got 1.4g. Would anyone who got 0.9g let me know if they came across that number in their working. Thanks

I got 1.4g too
Original post by MaxBowman
How comes these are so wrong??

??
6d is wrong. It asked for the temperature increase and the final temperature was 33 but the initial was 23. So it should be 10
Original post by Shahzeb_m
I put 1) Effervescence (bubbles). 2) Heat given off

You'll only get 1 for that I think. Whilst its correct, it asked for physical things you could see which are
-effervescence / fizzing
-calcium floats on water and moves around
-calcium disappears / ppt formed
Original post by hazy500
Is the answer to 6c not 10 degrees Celcius
I remember the question was 'what is the maximum rise in temperature' and the temperature started off at 23 degrees and ended at 33, 33-23= 10
Correct me if im wrong
you're right, no one got it lol
anyone else really ****ed up this paper?
For 11e) When it said that you had to draw the displayed formula of 'one of the products' of the reaction, could you have drawn Hydrogen Bromide?

H-Br
Original post by PandaCub
For 11e) When it said that you had to draw the displayed formula of 'one of the products' of the reaction, could you have drawn Hydrogen Bromide?

H-Br

I think they could accept that but to be on the safer side I put down bromo-propane.
Original post by conradliebers
I think they could accept that but to be on the safer side I put down bromo-propane.

Oh ok. Cheers :smile:
Original post by Fatgujj
Answer to calculating mass in reactions, "0.9"?!

nah it was 0.75

Just a question for you to add when you are free - it asked why magnesium chloride was crushed at put into the solvent - answer was because it gave a greater solubility due to the larger surface area.

Also I believe it is not 33 but rather 10 as it said 'Maximum temperature rise'
Original post by Ihsan_234
Just a question for you to add when you are free - it asked why magnesium chloride was crushed at put into the solvent - answer was because it gave a greater solubility due to the larger surface area.

I'll add it later.

Also, I had originally put it as 10, but after talking to some people - as seen in the mark scheme - who also agreed with me that it was 33, I just put it as 33. At the end of the day, this mark scheme is only provisional.
Original post by Ihsan_234

Could i get it increased the rate of reaction
What about the question to do with the cotton wool in the conical flask? and why it changes temp?

Also what will the grade boundaries be for the double award science?
Reply 294
After Q 13)a) there was a question (probably part b) as to why the mass (on the scales) gradually decreased. Really impressive that you remember all of this by the way!
There was a question about identifying different calcium solids/solutions not sure what the answers were tho maybe calcium carbonate for the last one. I screwed this paper up badly
Reply 296
I'll add it later.

Also, I had originally put it as 10, but after talking to some people - as seen in the mark scheme - who also agreed with me that it was 33, I just put it as 33. At the end of the day, this mark scheme is only provisional.

I'm quite sure it was 10, it did definitely say the "rise" in temperature
Original post by VinuJ
I'm quite sure it was 10, it did definitely say the "rise" in temperature

Lol at least you didn't just right magnesium 💁🏽 ahaah when will I learn to read the question

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Castro300
Could i get it increased the rate of reaction

Yes, I would say so
Btw the answer is 0.9.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending