The Student Room Group

What can I do with a Business Management degree?

I applied for Business Management at uni in London, mainly cos it's the only A Level I enjoy and am interested in. However I have to admit, I have no idea what I'm planning to do after uni or what I'm getting myself into. Someone told me there aren't really many jobs for business- is this true? I can't imagine there not being any jobs for business. So what is the usual career path after studying Business Management at uni and what is the pay scale like? And what paths can I go down?
The majority of graduate jobs do not require a specific degree, google "graduate scheme" to get an idea of what you can do after university. Study a subject you're interested in, that's really all that matters at this stage.
Reply 2
Original post by MarkHenry123
I applied for Business Management at uni in London, mainly cos it's the only A Level I enjoy and am interested in. However I have to admit, I have no idea what I'm planning to do after uni or what I'm getting myself into. Someone told me there aren't really many jobs for business- is this true? I can't imagine there not being any jobs for business. So what is the usual career path after studying Business Management at uni and what is the pay scale like? And what paths can I go down?

I study business management too at Newman University. As for not being jobs out there I don't think that's entirely true. I used sites such as which? or The sunday times league tables to compare these types of things especially graduate employment rates. So look into each uni you are interested in and find that information, I'm sure it's on their web pages.
As for now focus on getting into uni. When you start uni there may be different support available to help you decide which career path you want. If there isn't then maybe look at unis that do? I had no idea what I wanted to do with my degree but with help from our careers I know I want to go down the marketing route.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending