The Student Room Group

Business Studies unit 1 retake A Level Edexcel (AS) 19th May 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Yousf
Do you think it was harder or easier than last years exam

Im not sure, the maths was definitely more straight forward this year i.e. on the first question. compared to last years 4 mark question on working out some sort of sales for Adidas or something, which was very difficult. I didn't like the wording of one or 2 questions in section B though and the one about self confidence was an odd one to throw in but least it was only 4 marks! how did you find it?
Reply 21
Original post by Sloanepeterson
Im not sure, the maths was definitely more straight forward this year i.e. on the first question. compared to last years 4 mark question on working out some sort of sales for Adidas or something, which was very difficult. I didn't like the wording of one or 2 questions in section B though and the one about self confidence was an odd one to throw in but least it was only 4 marks! how did you find it?

Two of the multi choice questions where tricky, but section B was good. I got 50% for the first question for the operating profit. And yeah that 4marker was a bit off to explain.
Original post by Yousf
Two of the multi choice questions where tricky, but section B was good. I got 50% for the first question for the operating profit. And yeah that 4marker was a bit off to explain.

yeah i got 50% too :smile: think section B was as good as it could've been, glad about inflation and exchange rates at the end, worries me though that the grade boundaries might be quite high:/
Reply 23
yeah i got 50% too :smile: think section B was as good as it could've been, glad about inflation and exchange rates at the end, worries me though that the grade boundaries might be quite high:/

Probably slightly lower than last year's due to some multiple choice questions, and few odd ones in Section B.
Btw few last things wanna ask :P, What where your two non-price factors that affect supply, mine was motivated workforce+ advances in technology, and how did you explain whether or not profit motive was his main aim and finally how did you evaluate whether he would have been affected by inflation. Thanks!
Original post by Yousf
Probably slightly lower than last year's due to some multiple choice questions, and few odd ones in Section B.
Btw few last things wanna ask :P, What where your two non-price factors that affect supply, mine was motivated workforce+ advances in technology, and how did you explain whether or not profit motive was his main aim and finally how did you evaluate whether he would have been affected by inflation. Thanks!

for supply i put something like the factory producing the goods may have increased and can't remember the second reason hahah... and then for profit motive, i said not totally profit driven as it may be more about the adrenaline of setting up new businesses and enjoys taking the risk. also said he had 2 children so i said might not be totally profit motive as he may want to work his own hours to fit around them. but then i said partly profit motive to fund his lifestyle so pay off the mortgage on his house cause from the case study it seemed he was partly driven by profit to fund a more luxurious lifestyle etc. then for inflation i said that av price of goods rise, therefore reluctance of the customer to buy as they think they are spending more but actually if inflation rises then so should their incomes so higher disposable incomes to offset the higher prices spent on the goods:smile:
Reply 25
for supply i put something like the factory producing the goods may have increased and can't remember the second reason hahah... and then for profit motive, i said not totally profit driven as it may be more about the adrenaline of setting up new businesses and enjoys taking the risk. also said he had 2 children so i said might not be totally profit motive as he may want to work his own hours to fit around them. but then i said partly profit motive to fund his lifestyle so pay off the mortgage on his house cause from the case study it seemed he was partly driven by profit to fund a more luxurious lifestyle etc. then for inflation i said that av price of goods rise, therefore reluctance of the customer to buy as they think they are spending more but actually if inflation rises then so should their incomes so higher disposable incomes to offset the higher prices spent on the goods:smile:

Nice!
Original post by workworkwork123
Nice. I put -34 but I thought it was waaaayyy to elastic to be the correct answer. Why did you get for i think the 8 marker on how social trends will affect the distribution channels? and what you hoping to get in the exam

haha for this question i just gave a definition and example of a distribution channel and left it. Bye bye 6 marks.

i'm hoping to get B, a wbu?
Original post by jessicamatola
What did you guys write for "How will social trends affect the distribution channels?"

haha for this question i just gave a definition and example of a distribution channel and left it. Bye bye 6 marks
Original post by Yousf
Oh ok, how about the unemployment question? Where it said what does a fall in unemployment lead to

In business terms, a fall in unemployment leads to an increase in revenue as there is more productivity due to the increase in staff.
Original post by Yousf
What did you get for the sampling question, where it asked whether it was an opportunity cost, trade off, bias or test marketing

Trade off!
do you guys remember any of the multiple choice questions? And what did you write?
50% for the first question
Sales volume for one of them
Can't remember many more aha
does anyone remember any of the multiple choice questions???
Original post by workworkwork123
That was hard, I put how it should shift to a more modern distribution channel, as more people found out about all the food that was close to expiry date that was getting wasted. Quite a hard one.

what you get for the YED qu and that one

Ohh lool I didn't right that and, I got -34.1 or something like that
Original post by slicedcookie
haha for this question i just gave a definition and example of a distribution channel and left it. Bye bye 6 marks

loool I wrote that and wrote absolute rubbish after it.
Reply 35
can someone plz justify why the yed was -34 and not +34
Original post by 1001zz
can someone plz justify why the yed was -34 and not +34

because sales fell by 2.2% which means it's a minus if sales rose by 2.2% it would be positive

Quick Reply

Latest