The Student Room Group

Edexcel FP1 Thread - 20th May, 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by connorbarr
If this helps

Oh ok that is very helpful thank you very much!
Original post by Zacken
I don't think I should, it'll just confuse you and it's the night before... stick to the normal method, it works everytime.

But I was unable to get the one in the IAL 2015 paper using it.
Original post by connorbarr
This one? This is from my notebook when i did the paper

Thank you very much! I understand it now.

Also can I commend you on your incredibly neat notes :biggrin:
Original post by iMacJack
But I was unable to get the one in the IAL 2015 paper using it.

It's perfectly do-able using it.
Going to sleep now, good luck everyone.
Well that is me off so good luck to everyone :smile: Hope all goes well for you in this exam and all the others

signing out.
Original post by alfmeister
Going to sleep now, good luck everyone.

Original post by Music With Rocks
Well that is me off so good luck to everyone :smile: Hope all goes well for you in this exam and all the others

signing out.

Good luck.
Original post by iBall
Is this method fine for proof divisibility? (didn't complete the q in its entirety i know..)

Yup I think it should be fine i got the exact same answer but instead of 20A i got 4f(k) which is exactly the same thing
Original post by Zacken
It's perfectly do-able using it.

yeah i know haha I just wasn't able to personally
Original post by iMacJack
yeah i know haha I just wasn't able to personally

It'll be fine tomorrow, just get some sleep. :smile:
Original post by Zacken
Good luck.

https://7cba9babeb0db0ff9468853e0b2d...%20Edexcel.pdf

Can you please check, surely question 8)(c) is wrong, and it should be the normal? not the tangent?
Original post by Hot&SpicyChicken
https://7cba9babeb0db0ff9468853e0b2d...%20Edexcel.pdf

Can you please check, surely question 8)(c) is wrong, and it should be the normal? not the tangent?

Seems fine to me, what's the problem?
Original post by Zacken
Seems fine to me, what's the problem?

For wuestion 8) (c) it is impossible for the tangent to meet the curve again, bu the normal does, so i think the question is wrong?
For wuestion 8) (c) it is impossible for the tangent to meet the curve again, bu the normal does, so i think the question is wrong?

https://7cba9babeb0db0ff9468853e0b2d0a80708ec59c.googledrive.com/host/0B1ZiqBksUHNYZGxseFBIQkphV0k/Mock%20MS%20-%20FP1%20Edexcel.pdf

Even the mark scheme uses the normal? Am i correct or just liost?
Hey could someone please link/ send me some hard proofs by induction for each of the proofs mentioned on the spec

Haven't done the question but it is possible for the tangent to meet and xy graph again i think

Don't worry that's a typo, I got stuck on it too. The tangent doesn't ever meet the curve again, which actually checks out as if you equate the tangent at that point to the curve, you get (x-6)^2 = 0

Yep, it's a typo. Meant to be "normal".

There's an error in the paper. It's meant to read 'normal' not 'tangent'

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending