The Student Room Group

10 reasons to vote Leave

1. Freedom to make stronger trade deals with other nations.

2. Freedom to spend UK resources presently through EU membership in the UK to the advantage of our citizens.

3. Freedom to control our national borders.

4. Freedom to restore Britain’s special legal system.

5. Freedom to deregulate the EU’s costly mass of laws.

6. Freedom to make major savings for British consumers.

7. Freedom to improve the British economy and generate more jobs.

8. Freedom to regenerate Britain’s fisheries.

9. Freedom to save the NHS from EU threats to undermine it by harmonising healthcare across the EU, and to reduce welfare payments to non-UK EU citizens.

10. Freedom to restore British customs and traditions.

p.s far left liberal young people: you are not racist if you vote leave.

Scroll to see replies

Vote in if you are rich or own a big business
thank you i have changed my vote now
Vote leave because am Lonely and I would like a PM from someone.

Goodbye.
Reply 4
Original post by Alien Warrior

2. Freedom to spend UK resources presently through EU membership in the UK to the advantage of our citizens.

9. Freedom to save the NHS from EU threats to undermine it by harmonising healthcare across the EU, and to reduce welfare payments to non-UK EU citizens.

I will vote out
:biggrin:
If we do leave things will be a lot more expensive because we import a lot of things and suddenly have to pay more tax, I doubt we will get access like Norway has.
Do you have any proof of ANY of those, or are these just another list of bias views?

And using the word "freedom" is a given, im not sure why you feel the need to use it to emphasize EVERY point.
Reply 7
Original post by Neal.Caffery
If we do leave things will be a lot more expensive because we import a lot of things and suddenly have to pay more tax, I doubt we will get access like Norway has.

Nope. The EU is a protectionist system - businesses on central europe are inefficient and crap, so they add tarrifs to imports from outside the EU. Anything that isn't made in the EU is going to get cheaper if we vote to leave.
Vote in if you are rich or own a big business

i'd consider myself rather rich but i am voting out as my business links to america and asia rather than europe for the most part
Original post by Neal.Caffery

We have a far bigger economy than Norway, so I'm pretty sure we will.
We have a far bigger economy than Norway, so I'm pretty sure we will.

hmmm i'm not so sure
Original post by TSRFT8
I agree. Also IF notice i said IF mortgages and all the things economists said will rise actually do rise, they will hit the poor the worst. OP mentions that only the "rich" are voting in, so will the poor finally stop blaming the rich for all of the worlds problems?

I doubt it, but im not going to get into that argument rn

couldn't agree with u more
Voting in because I might want to work in the EU in the future. I'd rather not limit my job opportunities over something as petty as EU membership. Everyone knows the UK generates way more graduates than it has jobs for. We need access to larger job markets.
Reply 14
Freedom does not always mean better. I'd rather have the smartest people of a continent deciding things, than just this country.
Reply 15
Original post by Keyhofi
Voting in because I might want to work in the EU in the future. I'd rather not limit my job opportunities over something as petty as EU membership.

What are work visas
What is changing citizenship
Also, this isn't just about our personal good. There'd be some personal advantages to me voting in, too, but this is above us. This is about acting for the good of all of us, for the country.
Reply 16
Original post by 16characterlimit
Eurosceptics are worse than ISIS, they can seriously harm our country more than those pathetic loons.

1 and 6 are flat out bs. 5 may cost us, but business benefit much more from having standard regulations across the country.

7 is wrong, just ask any credible source.

9 is untrue, Jeremy will wreck the NHS before the EU gets to even touch it.

At least European migrants are skilled hard working and usually speak the language, unlike refugees, their fault or not.

2 is silly, yeah we don't get to choose how to spend it, but we get a lot more than we put in, and wtf are 4 and 10, just vague. I don't see us speaking German or being forced to watch French cinema because of the EU.

Only real one is 8 and 3, so yeah, vote Brexit if you are a fisherman or really really hate immigrants.

Why are 1 and 6 bull? Do we currently have the freedom to negotiate our own trade deals? Yes, or no?
Original post by EuanF
What are work visas
What is changing citizenship
Also, this isn't just about our personal good. There'd be some personal advantages to me voting in, too, but this is above us. This is about acting for the good of all of us, for the country.

That's all effort to get though. It also comes with a huge cost to UK citizens. Right now I can easily go wherever I want.
Original post by iEthan
thank you i have changed my vote now

Youre such a badman
Original post by lolatmaths
Youre such a badman

…right :K:

Quick Reply