The Student Room Group

EgyptAir flight MS804

An EgyptAir flight from Paris to Cairo made two sharp turns before plunging into the Mediterranean Sea, Greece's defence minister says.

Panos Kammenos said the Airbus A320 had "turned 90 degrees left and then a 360-degree turn to the right".

It then dropped more than 25,000ft (7,620m) before disappearing from radar, he added.

Egypt's civil aviation minister has said the possibility of a terror attack is stronger than technical failure.

Sixty-six people were on board Flight MS804, most of them from Egypt or France. A Briton was among the passengers.
Very unlikely to be a terrorist attack, despite all the media exaggeration.

The plane was 20 minutes away from landing, a few minutes after the incident, the plane would have dropped to a lower altitude. At lower altitudes, the pressure difference between the inside and outside of the plane decreases - so the capacity of an explosive device is amplified at higher altitudes.

So its rather silly for a terrorist to set a bomb to go off 20 minutes before landing, it would be a much safer bet for them to do it say 1-2 hours into a 4 hour flight. Not to mention how secure Paris airports are.
I dont believe it is a terrorist attack either. The bomb should be set off much earlier tho, debris can be located easily in the coastline.

However if IT is really a terrorist attack, I will be highly concern the security of Paris airport.
Original post by beta_tester
Very unlikely to be a terrorist attack, despite all the media exaggeration.

The plane was 20 minutes away from landing, a few minutes after the incident, the plane would have dropped to a lower altitude. At lower altitudes, the pressure difference between the inside and outside of the plane decreases - so the capacity of an explosive device is amplified at higher altitudes.

So its rather silly for a terrorist to set a bomb to go off 20 minutes before landing, it would be a much safer bet for them to do it say 1-2 hours into a 4 hour flight. Not to mention how secure Paris airports are.

Cruising at 37,000 feet... Planes dont go up to the stratosphere yano
Original post by Betelgeuse-
Cruising at 37,000 feet... Planes dont go up to the stratosphere yano

perhaps if you tuned into the entire conversation rather than nitpicking what you wanna single out, you would realise that I know this.
Original post by beta_tester
perhaps if you tuned into the entire conversation rather than nitpicking what you wanna single out, you would realise that I know this.

lol
i think it was a terrorist attack. someone used their phone during the flight and messed with the plane's radar. this caused it to lose control of itself and it crashed.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending