I don't know whether to say cringe or lol. :rofl:
Reply 41
Original post by Rhythmical
I don't know whether to say cringe or lol. :rofl:

the steaks were high
Original post by zanner
the steaks were high

Okay Zanner don't kill me now before my exam in like seven hours lol. :tongue:
I always beat the **** out of my steak and it's always really tender and tasty.

Remember to season

Rare

Thanks.
Reply 44
Original post by Rhythmical
Okay Zanner don't kill me now before my exam in like seven hours lol. :tongue:

good luck omfg make sure you get sleep it's late fam!!!!!!

BAD PUN CAN BE NEGATED :')
Original post by zanner
good luck omfg make sure you get sleep it's late fam!!!!!!

BAD PUN CAN BE NEGATED :':wink:

Haha thanks. How's GCSEs going? And no I'm hungry, no chance of sleep now. I'm just gonna suck it up and hope for the best.
Steak is the food of Gods. if its chewy and bland your definitely cooking it wrong, if its not bloody its burnt.
OK.
I'm not a huge fan of it either, tbh. Especially when people don't cook it properly. And you need to be so careful when you're cooking meat as well, because if you leave it undercooked you could end up making yourself ill.

I am trying to avoid eating too much meat because of that reason, actually.
Original post by hezzlington
So much blasphemy on this thread I don't know where to start.

Steak is not over rated.

A good cut of meat; rump, fillet, rib eye will do you wonders. Especially if dry aged.

It's myoglobin.

Get your steak out. Allow to cool at room temp outside of the pack it comes in.

Get your pan REALLY hot.

THEN season with sea salt (and maybe pepper - the pepper might burn so just add at the end).

Add olive oil. Wait a lil bit. Add steak. Flip every 30 seconds. Ensure a good colour/sear on each side. Add a little bit of butter, whole garlic cloves (crushed) and sprigs of thyme. Cook for like 30 seconds.

Take steak out.

Let rest.

Stare at steak.

Look at it.

Lick it.

The voice of reason, couldn't agree more. :smile:

A blazing hot pan so it's sears on the outside but stays red raw and bloody on the inside.
Original post by Platopus
I agree, steak is wildly overrated. I do love quorn peppered steak though but that's because it doesn't really taste like meat steak at all

Don't take this the wrong way but you should be locked up for uttering these words in the same sentence, :biggrin:
Original post by Converse&Roses
I'm not a huge fan of it either, tbh. Especially when people don't cook it properly. And you need to be so careful when you're cooking meat as well, because if you leave it undercooked you could end up making yourself ill.

I am trying to avoid eating too much meat because of that reason, actually.

There's no such thing as undercooked steak, only overcooked steak.
Original post by JamesN88
Don't take this the wrong way but you should be locked up for uttering these words in the same sentence, :biggrin:

I am so sorry haha!
I like my steak medium/medium-rare. I guess it could be boring if its on it's own but this is why you surf and turf it.
Original post by xobeauty
Youre going to choke one day if you continue to eat it under cooked and rubbery like that. Loooooool. I've seen it happen.

that how it should be cooked any professional would say so and what's the point of buying steak if you cook it more just buy cheaper beef
Steak on its own is a bit bland but steak smothered in garlic butter is heavenly :love:

Posted from TSR Mobile
If you cook it right, it tastes even better than bacon :sly: especially with stilton melted on top, with scrambled eggs (done in the meat juices) and chips (beer battered ones :coma: )
Reply 57
Original post by JamesN88
Blue or raw is the only way.

Anything above medium-rare is criminal.:smile:

This.

I always had medium or maybe a medium rare if I was feeling cheeky. Then I went to a place with friends and someone told me to go rare. It was so juicy and had so much taste.

I still remember that day every time I eat steak.
Whaaaaattttt... Have you tried using a recipe?

I found this Telegraph article explains a handy touch test (see what I did there) you can use to make sure your steak is always cooked exactly the way you like it: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/food-and-drink/scotch-beef/how-do-you-like-your-steak/

If you prefer to watch a video then this chap is pretty helpful: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQULzleo4UM and of course Jamie Oliver is nailing perfect steak here: http://www.jamieoliver.com/news-and-features/features/how-to-cook-the-perfect-steak/#GWgG54XMQlAgY6Fv.97

NO MORE bland, rubbery steak! :P
Red meat is disgusting in general the smell alone makes me feel nauseous.

Quick Reply

Latest