The Student Room Group

Business Studies (BUSS 1, 2, 3 and 4):

Scroll to see replies

also got £2.72 for the selling price... ill just leave lol
Reply 161
Original post by fizzwizz2016
sorry i am such a procrastinator and this is what i wrote for the buss 1 retake can someone just give me reassurance and tell me its ok
a. defined adding value eg. adding the worth of elements of resources to increase the overall worth of a product then gave an example of customising the souveneers
b. defined quanti - numerical something ect

I got 107500 for the first one
£525 for the variable cost for second one
£16 for the price if each item and sold 75 each day for the third one

benefits of temp
- as a startup she is not completely aware of expected dmenad, thereofre with temp she can be flexible
- disadv- low employee moral as they dont have a permanent contract ect

location b
reasons for:
less competitiors and closer to beahc which according to figure 1 has 80% tourism attraction ect
- cheaper

reasons against
- not on the main road, where most tourist would be , ect

last question
i said franchise, because of the lack of expertise, which can be offerd by franchisor
however drawback of franchise is that she cant personalise the product

i had a major incident during my exam meaning i wasnt able to finsish properly and ran out of loads of time, i am very worried i wont get the grade i need for university , i will get worked up with this exam and fail the rest , my exam technique went out the bloody window

didnt you use any financial data for the last question
Original post by imran_
didnt you use any financial data for the last question

i used the break even output , and the market research but thats it , i really ran out of time :frown:
Reply 163
i used the break even output , and the market research but thats it , i really ran out of time :frown:

should be enough to get good application
Reply 164
Original post by vezuxiii
I got 105700 how did u get 1 million..?

£129,000/12 = £10,750 = 1%

£10,750 x 100 = £1,075,000
Original post by RobertMcp
very bad :frown: have you any sample essays for the six bullet points?? my teachers so bad and i understand nothing even when i ask for help!!

Still need e-commerce sample essays? Send me your email address if you do :-)
Hi I got 107500 or what ever but I didn't write it on the top of the box where it's required so stupid of me do y think it's still valuable

I'm examiner, yes it's fine ;-)
For the income budget I put as one point that she didn't know the market etc and for the second point that her business would be a start up so won't make that much revenue when she starts.

Is that right or have I done it completely wrong? In terms of marks
Original post by laurapinkney01
Still need e-commerce sample essays? Send me your email address if you do :-)

I need some! if that's okay with you :smile:
Did not have time to include the financial data to the 15 markers.. So thats my application out of the window.. Other than that it was a decent paper.. But it had a lot of information to take in. How did yoy guys find it ?
Original post by 28/01/2016
I didnt get the market size because i didnt calculate it but i got all the other figures you got..... I found the paper quite hard though :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

samee i couldnt get that one either, how did everyone even get that answer?
was the last questio the option a and option b or was it option 1 and 2 because throughout my answer i wrote option a and b. Will i loose marks and how many
sorry i am such a procrastinator and this is what i wrote for the buss 1 retake can someone just give me reassurance and tell me its ok
a. defined adding value eg. adding the worth of elements of resources to increase the overall worth of a product then gave an example of customising the souveneers

benefits of temp
- as a startup she is not completely aware of expected dmenad, thereofre with temp she can be flexible

location b
reasons for:
less competitiors and closer to beahc which according to figure 1 has 80% tourism attraction ect
- cheaper

reasons against

last question
i said franchise, because of the lack of expertise, which can be offerd by franchisor

i had a major incident during my exam meaning i wasnt able to finsish properly and ran out of loads of time, i am very worried i wont get the grade i need for university , i will get worked up with this exam and fail the rest , my exam technique went out the bloody window

your answer are similar to mines but better lol.

also the last question did it say option 1 and 2 or option a or b
Original post by vandervormb
did anyone for the option question work out that if she chose option A and closed from november to february that she would cut costs and essentially have 10,000 more forecasted profit then option B however cause the data is badly researched that the pros for option 2 outweigh the pros for option 1?

yes that exactly what i wrote .....the budgeted profit right for option b is 10000 more then option a
Original post by vandervormb
did anyone for the option question work out that if she chose option A and closed from november to february that she would cut costs and essentially have 10,000 more forecasted profit then option B however cause the data is badly researched that the pros for option 2 outweigh the pros for option 1?[/

well i said the opposite option b make 10000 more profit but this may not be correct becuase this data was provided by the franchisor which could be outdated and not applicable to her location
Reply 175
Noooo think I calculated £525 variable costs for the second question but then scribbled it out and changed it to £72 or something. Also for the market share one I wrote in billion not million, anyone know how many marks I'll lose for that? Also I only wrote one for and against with a conclusion for the last 15 because of timings fml i actually want to cry 😭😭😭
Original post by kezz_atthedisco
I got 56.4 for variable costs... just gonna assumed I've failed now then

Well it's only a few marks. I wouldn't stress. This is how I failed last year's paper, I got stuck on maths and it ruined my exam technique and I has a panic attack.

2 MARKS HERE MAYBE

EVERYTHING CORRECT APART FROM MARKET SHARE. NEARLY FULL MARKS HERE.

benefits of temp
I'D SAY THAT IS NEAR FULL MARKS, JUST WHAT I PUT.

location b
reasons for:
- cheaper

DECENT

reasons against
DECENT

last question

DECENT

Did you attempt the option 1 and 2 question? I have a feeling of you might manage a C here, but you've still got 2 3 4 to add up your scores from

I got 105700 how did u get 1 million..?

(129000/12)*100 is the method to obtain reverse percentages
Original post by Narutoss
was the last questio the option a and option b or was it option 1 and 2 because throughout my answer i wrote option a and b. Will i loose marks and how many

they might give you benefit of the doubt, it was 1 and 2 and so long as you didn't talk about locations again it'd be fine
Original post by samm98
Noooo think I calculated £525 variable costs for the second question but then scribbled it out and changed it to £72 or something. Also for the market share one I wrote in billion not million, anyone know how many marks I'll lose for that? Also I only wrote one for and against with a conclusion for the last 15 because of timings fml i actually want to cry 😭😭😭

Only a few man. Like 2 to 3 marks if you have working out correct. As for the last 15 marker, you'd probably be looking at 7 marks of so
Reply 179
Original post by Paddythed
Only a few man. Like 2 to 3 marks if you have working out correct. As for the last 15 marker, you'd probably be looking at 7 marks of so

Ok thanks. I think I hopefully maxed out marks on definitions, the 10 marker, and probably a strong first 15 marker, with probably something like half the maths marks available with a 7 on the last 15 :/. I know it's hard to say but do you know what kind of grade I'd be looking at? Is an A still possible since it's around 41?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending