The Student Room Group

AQA AS Psychology Paper 2, 23 May 2016 Opinions. UNOFFICIAL MARK SCHEME

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Chloebreenb
in psychopathology for the cognitive approach to treating depression do we need to know about both Ellis' REBT and Becks TNAT or just one or the other?

TNAT? We definitely need to know about REBT and also CBT :smile:
in psychopathology for the cognitive approach to treating depression do we need to know about both Ellis' REBT and Becks TNAT or just one or the other?

Whats tnat?

ABC Model
Negative Triad and
CBT

all needed.
I think the cognitive and behavioural approach might come up I ve seen it on past specimen papers
Reply 24
do we need to know about the emergence of psychology as a science?
Original post by dmy15

I think so but its not that difficult. I learnt the brief outline of stuff

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Synonym
i havent even started unit 2 revision damn im just gonna try n fluke this exam. (have economics unit 2 on the same day gotta worry about that)

Just seen this now, I feel exactly the same way. I've started revision but I have to focus on economics and classics as I have 3 exams on the same day.
Reply 27
Original post by Anna_mahomies
Just seen this now, I feel exactly the same way. I've started revision but I have to focus on economics and classics as I have 3 exams on the same day.

i thought 2 in the same day was a killer ...damn 3!! best of luck to you
Guys do we need to know the 2 types of stress response....as in the acute stress response and the chronic stress response. Also also someone else asked this previously but no-one answered, do we need to know about the diencaphalon and cerebrum and cerabellum and medulla?

PLEASE HELPPP :redface:oooooooo
Original post by dmy15

We just need to know the basics that Wundt in the 1800s started the emergency of psychology with his institute in Germany. Studied introspection, however this wasn't very objective and lacked validity.

That's basically all you really need to know, then how some psychologies, eg Allport agreed that psychology can be a science as it has the same aims.

Then lastly, you should know the rest of the topics that developed Psychology further - Behaviourism, Coginitive Psychology and Biopsychology/The Biological Approach but revising the Approaches topic I'd assume you'd know this naturally anyway.

Then just cover Psychopathology and Research Methods *ugh* and you're good to go. God, I hate Research Methods!
Is statistical deviation, in definitions of abnormality, considered abnormal if it's 2 SD's from the mean???

Posted from TSR Mobile
Also can anybody list the key assumptions for the various approaches?
Idk if they're generic or just what they use at my school tbh, but the general opening sentence to define each of them;
The only one I know is SLTheory : Social learning theory suggests that behaviour is learnt through the observation and imitation of others.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Tegankemp
Also can anybody list the key assumptions for the various approaches?
Idk if they're generic or just what they use at my school tbh, but the general opening sentence to define each of them;
The only one I know is SLTheory : Social learning theory suggests that behaviour is learnt through the observation and imitation of others.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Behaviourists: only interested in observable behaviour. They believe in doing objective and controlled lab experiments and say that animals and humans are alike.

Cognitive: believe that the internal mental processes should be studied scientifically and study areas that were neglected by behaviourists e.g. memory, thinking, perception. They believe that the private processes cannot be oberserved so they indirectly study them by making inferences.

Biological: everything that is psychological is at first biological. They must look at biological structures. They believe that the mind lives in the brain and all feelings and thoughts have a physical basis.

Social learnjng theorists: we learn through observation and imitate others within a social context. We learn from experience (direct learning) and through observation (indirect).

Posted from TSR Mobile
Taking Paper 2 on Monday?

Highly recommend you invest some time watching these three revision videos:

3 Essential Revision Videos To Watch Before You Take AQA AS Psychology Paper 2

Jim
Reply 34
for the cognitive approach do we need to know the bartlett study 'war of the ghosts' or not?
Original post by mali473
Behaviourists: only interested in observable behaviour. They believe in doing objective and controlled lab experiments and say that animals and humans are alike.

Cognitive: believe that the internal mental processes should be studied scientifically and study areas that were neglected by behaviourists e.g. memory, thinking, perception. They believe that the private processes cannot be oberserved so they indirectly study them by making inferences.

Biological: everything that is psychological is at first biological. They must look at biological structures. They believe that the mind lives in the brain and all feelings and thoughts have a physical basis.

Social learnjng theorists: we learn through observation and imitate others within a social context. We learn from experience (direct learning) and through observation (indirect).

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you so much!!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Tegankemp
Thank you so much!!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's okay

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ohhh guys what do you think is going to pop up?!!:frown:
Original post by xsrajabx
Ohhh guys what do you think is going to pop up?!!:frown:

I think maybe the Sign test and psychology and the economy

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 39
for the cognitive approach do we need to know the bartlett study 'war of the ghosts' or not?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending