The Student Room Group

Maths gcse a*?

Is it possible to get an A* on wednesday edexcel with no revision? Everyone stressing out is making me nervous. I don't normally find gcse too hard, as I do Further maths, but why is everyone so worried?
Because maths ain't their thing. Common sense answers your question lol.
As for whether it is possible, I don't have a clue, just do your best and if you don't do so well, well that just means you should've revised. If you're confident and find maths easy then I assume you'll be fine.
Original post by 1jonam16
Is it possible to get an A* on wednesday edexcel with no revision? Everyone stressing out is making me nervous. I don't normally find gcse too hard, as I do Further maths, but why is everyone so worried?

Same , I am doing additonal maths OCR AND further maths gcse aqa, which makes gcse maths look like SATS , but most people do not do these extra qualifications, sooo they will find gcse maths harder and some are just not naturally talented in maths , or some ppl are just lazy and cba to put the work in to practice.
I'm not doing any revision for maths either. :woo:
Reply 4
I suppose 2 or 3 past papers can't hurt, but thanks. These student forums are worrying lol, since everyone gets stressed over exams, like the the biology B1 paper.

Original post by Unorganisedaf
Because maths ain't their thing. Common sense answers your question lol.
As for whether it is possible, I don't have a clue, just do your best and if you don't do so well, well that just means you should've revised. If you're confident and find maths easy then I assume you'll be fine.
Reply 5

Do a past paper mate, check how you do. :smile:
Reply 6

i'm doing the edexcel paper on thursday, not wednesday, which is weird (probably just exam clash). anyway, it would be possible to get an A* without revision if you're naturally good at it but people obviously have different ability levels, especially with maths. personally, i'm not planning to make notes or read through a textbook or anything like that but i find that doing some past papers won't hurt because it's more practising technique as well as seeing which areas are a struggle. don't be nervous because of others around you, that definitely won't sit well during exam season!
Reply 7

Yes.. I got an A in GCSE math and I really did nothing for it. But if your doing a higher level of maths it'll be even easier I wouldn't worry at all, I know with my maths exams even at Alevel I only drop marks on small mistakes like double negatives, square roots being plus or minus, and adding a +c for frikin intergration. Maybe do a few past papers and see if there's anything you need to go over
Reply 8
Original post by issy421
Yes.. I got an A in GCSE math and I really did nothing for it. But if your doing a higher level of maths it'll be even easier I wouldn't worry at all, I know with my maths exams even at Alevel I only drop marks on small mistakes like double negatives, square roots being plus or minus, and adding a +c for frikin intergration. Maybe do a few past papers and see if there's anything you need to go over

True, thanks.
No don't worry about it, some subjects i have barely revised for because i know i can do well in them-further maths is a lot more difficult than regular maths so i would just try to make sure you dont forget the really basic stuff, as when i do the A*/A-level stuff i forget how to do the really basic stuff :colonhash:
Yeah I got I did it last year. As long as you've done the work you were set in lessons without any problems you'll be fine.

Quick Reply

Latest