The Student Room Group

Want to withdraw from firm choice

I firmed a university for chemical engineering a couple months ago, however I recently found out it's not accredited from my year of entry. Is there a way to swap or withdraw my choice??? . It's important as I want to be able to be accredited after I graduate.
I'd call UCAS up first, but they'll probably tell you that you need to ask your firm to "release" you. Don't worry though it's very doable
Reply 2
Original post by Moss_Tran
I firmed a university for chemical engineering a couple months ago, however I recently found out it's not accredited from my year of entry. Is there a way to swap or withdraw my choice??? . It's important as I want to be able to be accredited after I graduate.

I've moved your post to the Applications and UCAS forum :smile:

But is your insurance choice accredited? Otherwise you won't have anything to be transferred to...

If you reject all your offers you can go into Extra, but you should check with potential target universities to see if they still have places first.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Moss_Tran

You can swap your firm and insurance over fairly easily : call UCAS, explain what you want, then call each university and ask them to agree the decision with UCAS. Once UCAS hear from both unis they'll swap your choices over on Track.

If this isn't what you want then you need to get in touch with the universities you're considering that aren't your current insurance and ask if they'll still honour their offers (or if you didn't initially apply there whether they'll make you an offer via Extra). Once you've got some reassurance from these universities you can call UCAS and your firm and insurance universities and explain that you've changed your mind and would like to take up a place elsewhere through Extra.

Do not in ANY of your conversations use the words "Release" (that isn't what you're asking for - a release is only possible once you're UF), "Reject" (again not what you're asking for - a reject can only be carried out if you miss your offer conditions) or "Withdraw" (not what you want to happen - this could get your UCAS application withdrawn completely if misunderstood). All these words have VERY SPECIFIC MEANINGS in the UCAS scheme - if you ask for one of them then the answer might be no (or worse they might give you what you ask for!). Just explain what you want the final outcome to be (eg "I want my insurance to be my firm" or "I want to take up a place from university X - they've agreed to consider me")
Reply 4
Thank you called ucas and it has been sorted. It wasn't as difficult as i thought it would be

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending