The Student Room Group

Teacher jailed for 12 months for sex with 16 y.o. pupil

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I can hear the cries of a certain footballer in prison as we speak.

Honestly tho, it seems they genuinely 'loved' each other. But having sex in the 16 year olds house? Well damn, talk about confident.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 21
Original post by uw0tm9
Such bs, it's pretty obvious it's because she was a women and the victim was a boy. Look at any stories with the genders reversed and you'll see the difference. Also look at any story where both the perpetrator and victim are males and it'll be lower than a male prepetrator and a female victim. Women are known to get much lower sentences than men but hey, it must be the patriarchy oppressing them.

A man can cause physical damage with his penis, whilst we haven't found a man harmed by a vagina yet.
Reply 22
Original post by Josb
A man can cause physical damage with his penis, whilst we haven't found a man harmed by a vagina yet.

Yes, because sexual abuse is about giving someone bruises with your genitalia.
Reply 23
Original post by uw0tm9
Yes, because sexual abuse is about giving someone bruises with your genitalia.

A rape can create internal injuries, not only "bruises".
Reply 24
Original post by Josb
A rape can create internal injuries, not only "bruises".

I'm pretty sure we're not talking about rape here (excluding statutory rape since I doubt that commonly causes injuries). Also, usually it's not that bad that it causes many internal injuries. If you're basing punishment off of internal injuries then the punishment should be just the same are beating someone up but it isn't because it's more complicated than that. Regardless, 12 months for sexual abuse was too bloody low, Adam Johnson got 6 years for kissing a 15 year old and grooming. This case was grooming and sexual intercourse yet she gets a small 1 year sentence. Both are scum.
It's pretty shocking some of these comments."If only this had happened to me" type of comments. Really? This is not a joke and is a serious crime.
Reply 26
Original post by uw0tm9
I'm pretty sure we're not talking about rape here (excluding statutory rape since I doubt that commonly causes injuries). Also, usually it's not that bad that it causes many internal injuries. If you're basing punishment off of internal injuries then the punishment should be just the same are beating someone up but it isn't because it's more complicated than that. Regardless, 12 months for sexual abuse was too bloody low, Adam Johnson got 6 years for kissing a 15 year old and grooming. This case was grooming and sexual intercourse yet she gets a small 1 year sentence. Both are scum.

The age of consent is 16yo, hence the difference. However, I think Johnson was punished harshly, probably because of his media exposure.
Reply 27
"He said: 'The boy didn't want her to go to prison. He loved her.
'The mum engineered it all. When Lauren finished it in August and handed in her resignation was the second the police got involved.
'The boy definitely wouldn't have done it. The boy was in love with her
."

The "boy" must really hate his mother.
Reply 28
Whilst a teacher having sex with a 16 year old pupil is disgusting and quite rightly illegal, it ought to be mentionned that had she not been his teacher this relationship would have been completely legal.
Original post by Ladymusiclover
It's pretty shocking some of these comments."If only this had happened to me" type of comments. Really? This is not a joke and is a serious crime.

THIS!
Original post by offhegoes
Whilst a teacher having sex with a 16 year old pupil is disgusting and quite rightly illegal, it ought to be mentionned that had she not been his teacher this relationship would have been completely legal.

Teacher was stupid she could have changed school but she didn't. Anyways if they did/do love each other then I hope they get back together when she is out of prison lol, I bet that lad is heartbroken :/
Original post by Erebor
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3599297/Married-geography-teacher-27-sex-16-year-old-pupil-car-six-month-affair-started-propositioned-giving-lift-home.html

12 months for sexually abusing a child and destroying his life? Unbelievable.... I hope the poor boy can recover from this horrific experience. :frown:

For the purposes of sexual consent, a 16 year old is legally an adult, not a child. The issue is that she abused her position of trust over him.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 31
Original post by offhegoes

And if Adam Johnson's victim was a year older that would have been completely legal, what exactly is your point?
it must be very awkward for the tragic victim to be staying on at the school, where everyone knows about his ordeal.
Do you know what the truly disgusting thing about this is?

It's the fact that she got a shorter sentence than if it were a man behind the crime.

URGH, THE PATREEARCHAY IS SUUU SEXIST!!!111 MUH EKWALITY IS HURT!!!111 I HAET YEW MEN, YUR ROONING THE LIEFS OF CHILDS EVAREWAR!!!111111 (/sarcasm)

No.

If women want equality, then make it so whatever your sex, whatever your race, if you do the crime you do the same amount of time as everyone else who commits the same crime.
(edited 7 years ago)
A teacher would have to be pretty weak willed and not all that smart to risk ruining their career and their life just because they lust over a student.
No, he still studies at the same school and his life has probably gone to **** now this all came out anyway. They only name the defendants when they're guilty what good would it be naming the victim
Original post by Novascope
You know what's funny? When I see people complaining (mostly men) about when a woman doesn't get a long enough sentence in comparison to a man. Yet when these cases do come around, who are the ones making a joke of it and essentially saying the male victim was "lucky" and so on? Men. It's all so very hypocritical :s-smilie:

So a couple guys make jokes and that is somehow reflective on all of us? Nice generalisations.
Reply 37
Original post by joecphillips
And if Adam Johnson's victim was a year older that would have been completely legal, what exactly is your point?

That in law and in society it is considered more serious to have sex with a child than it is to have sex whilst in a position of authority.
Original post by Jjj90
Yeah, a 16 year old guy having sex with an attractive woman; it must have been hell - we all know how much those 16 year old's despise sex after all.

would you complain if it would be 16yo girl being shagged by 27yo male teacher?
jokes aside, things like that- although not physically violent ect- will affect someone psyche.
To be boring, the poor female teacher obviously needs psychiatric help. She should never have become a teacher.

As for the boy, when I was 16 it would not have damaged me one bit. The Brouhaha of the teacher being arrested might have done.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending