The Student Room Group

OCR MEI FP1 Thread - AM 20th May 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by srayogn
Any idea what paper that question is from? & How do you do it :/

Original post by srayogn
What Q.Paper is that from :/ :s-smilie:

It's from January 2013.

Do you mean how do you factorise the end bit or how do you do the whole question?
Has anyone come across any particularly hard questions in any of the past papers that would be worth doing? Haven't had time to go through every paper.
Reply 22
Original post by gregsonog
Can you give some more straightforward answers for the questions please? Also under the summations it states r=0, is this the same as r=1? Otherwise, I think 15) on MEI is impossible and makes solving 3) seem wrong too. Anyway here are my answers if you want to correct them:

3) 4n(n-1)
4) line through (0,-j) and (1,0) and then shaded underneath line
5) 3-j, -1+2j, -1-2j
6) A-1 = (-0.5A + 1.5I)
7) 45 degrees anti clockwise followed by enlargement of s.f. 3
12) x=2 for asymptote and then graph
13) (a,0) and (0,a), asymptote is (-1/a) and then got x=-1 for d)
14) a/4w^2 + b/2w +c and aw^2 + (2a+b)w + (a + c + 1)

No. I am purposefully not giving out an exact mark scheme. That's not the point of this paper - it's to stretch your existing knowledge and prepare you for the possibility of harder questions on the real paper.

15 is indeed a typo, thanks for pointing that out. Take r=1.

3) is written correctly.

Those answers look right to me, although I don't think 3) is right. Simplifying the summand gets you 8 - 8r, then use the standard summation formulae on that.
Original post by hoakenfull
Has anyone come across any particularly hard questions in any of the past papers that would be worth doing? Haven't had time to go through every paper.

I know it's a little late, but do the graph question and induction question from Jan 13, and the other questions if you have time. The hardest paper by far - you only need 60/72 for full UMS.
fm.pngI understand the first 3 parts but having looked at the mark scheme i still don't get how they got that last bits. It's Q9 from January 2006. Also do we need to know about all the parameter stuff with lambda?
Original post by srayogn
I'm a current AS Level Further Maths student & the paper from the link Question 1 doesn't really make sense to me :/ . Is it FP1?

Only questions 12-15 are for ocr mei
Good Luck Guys!!
****kkkkk
Hardest one ever, they picked the dodgiest examples
Reply 29
Original post by nellythumper
****kkkkk

Original post by nellythumper
Hardest one ever, they picked the dodgiest examples

??
Can someone explain what f(w/j) meant? Shouldn't it have been z/j :frown: also I only figured out the sum of differences right as I ran out of time :angry:
Original post by Don John
Sorry mods, looks like I got the title messed up. Got the dates for the FP1/FP2 exams mixed up. Should be 20th May as in the post body!

Changed the title for you :smile: Hope the exam went well!
it was ok (w/j) question made no sense and the summation was difficult. Last question should have been n=50 - n=24 but I put n=100 :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
What the f***ing hell was that...
Three words;
What
The
Original post by gregsonog
it was ok (w/j) question made no sense and the summation was difficult. Last question should have been n=50 - n=24 but I put n=100 :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

it was n=50-n=19 not 24
Reply 36
Well that.... was ****ing dreadful
What did you get for f(w/j) question? and did you get 0.008 on the last question
Reply 38
Original post by TheSurrealTV
it was n=50-n=19 not 24

Phew
Original post by Patchlol
Phew

did you get 0.008?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending