The Student Room Group

Biomedical science help

I am going into S6 this year and I am thinking of doing biomedical science at Glasgow. I want to work for nhs but I don't know if I will have to do a postgraduate (Msc or doctorate) to get a job in nhs. Plus I don't know how the accreditation and registring with HCPC work. It would be really helpful if someone could explain this. And also is biomedical science a good career choice?
Thank you

Anyone??
(edited 7 years ago)
A good career choice in terms of what?

To become a biomed scientist in the NHS you need to do an IBMS accredited degree.
Reply 2
Original post by alleycat393
A good career choice in terms of what?
To become a biomed scientist in the NHS you need to do an IBMS accredited degree.

Just Bsc (hons) or will I have to do Postgrad (doctorate or Masters) aswell. when i say good carrer choice I mean is it easy to get a job? Is it beter than pharmacy?
Thank you mate
(edited 7 years ago)
The BSc is the basic qualification. You may need additional training to move up the career ladder. Do some research and you'll get a better idea. Getting a job is down to you and how employable you make yourself. Getting any degree doesn't guarantee you a job. Pharmacy is very different so go with what interests you.
Reply 4
The BSc is the basic qualification. You may need additional training to move up the career ladder. Do some research and you'll get a better idea. Getting a job is down to you and how employable you make yourself. Getting any degree doesn't guarantee you a job. Pharmacy is very different so go with what interests you.
I've been trying to research how stuff works but every website I go to says the same stuff but no one makes it clear. But I get what you are saying. Thanks man
Email and ask then.
Reply 6
Email and ask then.
I will certainly do that , thank you

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending